Hello there,

Just finished my Oral defense for my MS in Math...looking forwards towards PhD in Statisitcs (have a BS in Stat)...I seriously want to get back to school this fall...I have already missed deadlines for most of the schools...Are there any other schools with late deadline and fairly competitive when it comes to funding...

I'm sorry. I think you've mostly missed the boat. :( There are a few schools that accept late applications, but at this point it would be for admission only (no funding). I know I finally made my decision to go for applied math (instead of pure) January 10th. By that time 80% of the deadlines had passed or were too close to make. It made me wish I had just written two statements of purpose back in October and applied to both types of programs and made my decision after applying. In your situation, I would start looking for any schools that do Spring admissions with funding.

Do you have a copy of http://www.ams.org/programs/ams-fellowships/asst.pdf ? That was the first resource I used in looking for schools whose deadlines hadn't passed. It looks like the University of Fairbanks may be accepting applications until 3/31 and University of Arkansas Fayette maybe goes until 3/15? If you look at the guide, be sure to skip all of the schools that have: "Master's Only: Yes" in the upper right hand corner. Be careful because some of the deadlines given are actually the later deadline for the master's program instead of the Ph.D.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I think most deadlines for PhD programs have already passed...But I know that some Biostats Master's programs, like Georgetown's, are still accepting applications. So you could try applying to those if you're serious about going back to school this fall.