Final Decision Thread

Congrats! Brandeis has a great program -- good for you. What do you mean when you say you're only just now getting used to it? Disappointed with other results? Whatever it is, I hope you love Brandeis -- I hear it's wonderful in spite of its small size.

Haha! Yes, and no. It's a wonderful program and I'm really excited. Just having trouble believing I'm going to get paid to study English! But, as anyone here'll tell you, applying to grad school is full of angst and disappointment (and "what if's"). So, sure, I can still gripe about not getting in everywhere I applied, or not applying to certain schools I might've, but that wasn't what I meant.

Man, it's so great to look at the Final Decision google doc. It makes me happy to see so many great people going to great schools. And it's inspiration for application seasons to come! Big hugs and high fives all around.

[edit]: There are a couple people not on there that I'm really curious about. Anyone heard where koolherc or Origin=Goal decided to go? I seem to remember both having great admits.

Edited by antecedant

I was just looking at the Google Doc and saw Catholic University and thought, "Hey, who else is going there?" It was exciting!

Then I realized it was just my acceptance...*facepalm*

Is that university religiously affiliated in some way? I feel like it probably is, right?

Methodist?

Look! I found a picture of me 7 years from now, working hard on my dissertation... it seems the stress of doctoral study has aged me prematurely though.

gandalf_201.jpg

Was it the studying or the pipe weed?

Was it the studying or the pipe weed?

My love of the halfling's leaf has clearly slowed my mind.

I wonder what his critical approach is: "The key is to think of it not as "The One" ring, but as a one composed of many rings. By deconstructing the false unity of evil that the ring projects, one sees that beneath the façade lies a rhetorical performance or construction that reinforces and reifies the ring's central power."