Final Decision Thread

Officially accepted my offer! Not that it's a huge surprise. To think I started this whole crazy process almost 11 months ago!

School: University of Texas at Austin

Field(s): Gender studies, post colonial, and popular culture

Username: Fiona Thunderpaws

Edited by Fiona Thunderpaws

The Graduate Center, City University of New York, PhD in English.

Sub-field(s): African-American Literature, Queer Studies, 20th Century, and Literature and the Environment.

B) <----- Sunglasses to hide joyous tears, crazy excitement, and thrill of finally being finished with this process. See you all on the job search in 5-7 years!

Yay!! So happy for you!! :)

Officially accepted my offer! Not that it's a huge surprise. To think I started this whole crazy process almost 11 months ago!

School: University of Texas at Austin

Field(s): Gender studies, post colonial, and popular culture

Username: Fiona Thunderpaws

And what a great program.

Congrats to everyone on their final decisions!

I admit, I've been lurking (and trying not to lurk) throughout this decision process. But, I just committed to Purdue for PhD in Rhet/Comp after a long and agonizing decision/visiting/pondering process.

:)

Congrats to everyone on their final decisions!

I admit, I've been lurking (and trying not to lurk) throughout this decision process. But, I just committed to Purdue for PhD in Rhet/Comp after a long and agonizing decision/visiting/pondering process.

:)

Awesome! My process was agonizing too, but I look forward to meeting you this fall!

Haha, I have WAY too many interests, but it's sort of consolidating to Queer Black Studies/Lit slowly. Did you apply to Davis? I applied there, but I think I'm out of my depth these days when it comes to lit and the environment. It's been a while now since I've done something pertaining to that field. Still, maybe I'll see you at an ASLE function!

I didn't apply to Davis, only because I stuck to schools here on the east coast (it was primarily a method I used to cut some schools from my list...otherwise I would have had wayyyyy too many). Hopefully see you at ASLE!

Massive congratulations on your decision Trip! :) CUNY's grad centre English programme looks fantastic.

Thanks, arrivé. ;) Remember the consortium! You're welcome on my turf if I'm welcome on yours; I hear Columbia is a purdy darn good school too.

Thanks, arrivé. ;) Remember the consortium! You're welcome on my turf if I'm welcome on yours; I hear Columbia is a purdy darn good school too.

Heyyy, don't forget that you can all visit us out in Stony Brook, too!

Or maybe I'll just invade NYC portion of the consortium. Either/or.

The Graduate Center, City University of New York, PhD in English.

Sub-field(s): African-American Literature, Queer Studies, 20th Century, and Literature and the Environment.

B) <----- Sunglasses to hide joyous tears, crazy excitement, and thrill of finally being finished with this process. See you all on the job search in 5-7 years!

Congrats, Trip! Exciting stuff right there. Still looking forward to meeting you and other GC members someday, maybe at a conference or something down the road?

Also, congrats to everyone getting off of waitlists, making final acceptances, etc. I'm so happy that so many GC members had such successful application seasons!

And to those who will be applying/reapplying next fall: good luck! I'll be joining you in all the nail-biting, drunk-posting, and neurosis-exhibiting that accompanies the graduate school application season. ;)

I love our lives right now.

This. Yes. Remember when we were all super stressed? Like, pretty much every day since November, and until ~12 hours ago? This is so much better.

We all need to get celebratory drinks. All the GradCafé folks in the NYC area. We all deserve all of the drinks.

Congrats, Trip! Exciting stuff right there. Still looking forward to meeting you and other GC members someday, maybe at a conference or something down the road?

Also, congrats to everyone getting off of waitlists, making final acceptances, etc. I'm so happy that so many GC members had such successful application seasons!

And to those who will be applying/reapplying next fall: good luck! I'll be joining you in all the nail-biting, drunk-posting, and neurosis-exhibiting that accompanies the graduate school application season. ;)

Thanks, TE. You're gonna rock it next year. Let me know if you'd like a peer reader when it comes to it. I can't promise I won't be knee-deep in coursework 'round then, but I'll do my best. If you're ever in NYC, look me up.

This. Yes. Remember when we were all super stressed? Like, pretty much every day since November, and until ~12 hours ago? This is so much better.

We all need to get celebratory drinks. All the GradCafé folks in the NYC area. We all deserve all of the drinks.

And so much super stress to still look forward to in the next half-decade (3/4 decade... decade?)! But, for now, let's just revel in the awesomeness of this. I feel a million times better than I did on 11/23 right after I submitted all my apps.

We do deserve all of the drinks. Amen. You're on.

Thanks, TE. You're gonna rock it next year. Let me know if you'd like a peer reader when it comes to it. I can't promise I won't be knee-deep in coursework 'round then, but I'll do my best. If you're ever in NYC, look me up.

Thanks, Trip, I really appreciate it! :)