give me some help. I got 3 admissions.

sweetbijou

I got 3 admission letters from

1. UNC chapel hill 'Art History' MA

2. CMU Heinz College 'Art Management' MA with 1/2 fund

3. NYU Tisch school 'Arts Politics' MA (1year course) with 1/4 fund

My study objective is related to political and economical aspects of exhbitions in 21th century.

I've really got a hard decision to make...

Edited by sweetbijou

First, I know nothing about academic art studies, but when given 3 good choices, I would easily chose the one with the most funding. I can also say that UNC and CMU are great places to live and work.

I'd go with CMU -- great reputation and they are offering the most money. Would you be able to study what you are interested in there?

I also know nothing about studying art. However... there are so many art museums in NYC that I feel like NYU might be the most ideal university. However, I also know nothing about NC or Michigan. Also, the program in NYU is shorter, so I can't imagine the cost would be very different from CMU if CMU is 2 years.

I know nothing about this field but I HAVE actually heard of Tisch & its amazing reputation. Also seems to tie in best to your goals? check out the coursework and see which program feels like the best fit.

I don't know if this is relevant but...

THE MOMA IN NYC IS AMAZING. I think NYU students get special discounts on admission there (my sister goes to NYU), and you would get to go all the time (and I'd be so jealous of you!)

I think I'd go with NYU as well. Just from the title of the program, it seems like it would fit best with your interest.

You may also save money because it is such a short program.

good luck!

I was accepted into almost all schools I applied to with full funding for 5 years to all of them and a living stipend (which varied). I'm in the biomedical sciences so it's a little bit different but it was hard to figure out what would be a good fit for me. If you move far away from your current home, how well will you fit into the program? Some of the schools I applied to were in the top of the nation but their student body was disconnected, competitive, or alienated. I wanted to feel comfortable and connected with my schools so I focused on what would be a good fit for me personally. Do not underestimate the value of connecting to your peers in graduate school. When times are tough you will have someone to lean on which is critical for success. If you are in a collaborative enviornment, it will be easier to make longer, lasting connections for your career. In your field, I see this as very valuable for you.

Thank you all!! :)

I didn't make a decision yet... because all the options look good to me. Lots of professors recommended me to go NYU because of the high reputation(especially in this country). However, the curriculums in CMU attract me as well...(I am interested in management and advertising and actually, I worked as a junior copywriter at popular ad agency for 6months)

I think I have to plan out my future first so that I can choose the best school for me.

Anyway, I will send my letter to one of these universities in this week!

Edited by sweetbijou

The 1/4 off of one year at NYU would probably be equivalent to 1/2 off of two years at CMU, or close enough not to matter. So unless you are in-state to UNC I would eliminate that one and focus on CMU vs. NYU.

And then I would select based on preference. Without knowing anything about the programs, just based on the name NYU sounds like a better fit for you (art politics and the political and economic aspects of exhibitions...) The CMU program sounds more like a public art management degree to prepare you to work in administration in an art museum or other public/private arts organizations.

I got 3 admission letters from

1. UNC chapel hill 'Art History' MA

2. CMU Heinz College 'Art Management' MA with 1/2 fund

3. NYU Tisch school 'Arts Politics' MA (1year course) with 1/4 fund

My study objective is related to political and economical aspects of exhbitions in 21th century.

I've really got a hard decision to make...

I would go with NYU. It's going to be the best place to make long term contacts for your field. You'll be in the midst of it all and able to hang with the movers and shakers. Major artists and curators will be on your doorstep. This is definitely a field where location matters, IMO

Like most people in this thread, I know nothing about Arts Studies, but here's how you can eliminate the schools:

Reputation: CMU=NYU>>UNC ~ Schools in general, don't know much about how they rate in your field

Funding: CMU>NYU>>UNC ~ I am not too sure about this one, but based on what juilletmercredi said, it looks like this unless you are instate at UNC

So, I would vote for NYU

I'd check to see what kinds of reciprocal agreements the program at UNC has with Duke University. If the agreements are anything like those in other fields--such as history and anthropology--I'd think long and hard about UNC. (For example, could you, as a student at UNC have the opportunity to take art history, history, and business classes at UNC and Duke?)

A minor caveat. If you have allergies, you might want to talk to someone at UNC. When I started graduate school, I was initially in Austin, Texas and the cedar pollen was a constant source of misery. When I decided on a change of scenery, UNC got crossed off the list when someone in the history department told me that things could get bad.