NYU Wagner school

Cuty0129

I have just received 5k per year. I'm grateful but NYC is expensive, I was hoping for more :(

I received $5K per year as well. I was really expecting more. Now I have to figure out a way to pay for this degree. Perhaps I should seriously consider Baruch or American. This process is way too stressful.

Hi Everyone! I also got accepted into the MPA program at Wagner! I still haven't heard any news about funding..whats up with that? I am getting a little worried that not receiving a funding email yet means no funding! What do you think? Should I freak out. I am in my last semester of undergrad (graduating in May) and do have loans to pay back, and I do not currently reside on the West Coast! I also did the visual explorer essay and NYU Wagner was the only program I applied to because it is the only program I want to be in!

Excited to join you (that is if some miracle funding/scholarships come through!) I am a woman of color and I am currently looking into outside funding opportunities. Any suggestions? :)

Hi Everyone! I also got accepted into the MPA program at Wagner! I still haven't heard any news about funding..whats up with that? I am getting a little worried that not receiving a funding email yet means no funding! What do you think? Should I freak out. I am in my last semester of undergrad (graduating in May) and do have loans to pay back, and I do not currently reside on the West Coast! I also did the visual explorer essay and NYU Wagner was the only program I applied to because it is the only program I want to be in!

Excited to join you (that is if some miracle funding/scholarships come through!) I am a woman of color and I am currently looking into outside funding opportunities. Any suggestions? :)

Sorry! I meant to say that I currently reside on the west coast, I am so excited I can't speak correctly!

Zero aid for me as well. Disappointed. Anyone think there's any point in asking them to reconsider? I didn't apply anywhere else so I don't have any competing offers to counter with.

I haven't heard about aid yet. Ugh!

they should really give a bit more than 5k!

I haven't received an email regarding fin aid yet. Just patiently waiting. Somewhat glad that there hasn't been any news of false acceptances as there was a few years ago.

They sent out false acceptances last year?? That seems cruel.

I'm still waiting to hear about scholarships/financial aid as well....I work not far from NYU and am considering crashing the Wagner offices and asking in person for the info...what's taking so long! I'm also eager to get access to the “Next Steps for Admitted Students” website.

I emailed a Wagner admissions rep asking about the status of merit scholarships/financial aid. They responded that we should hear from them by tomorrow [Friday, 3/23] with scholarship and need-based financial aid information, and they are preparing those letters for distribution now.

I too received the email about rsvping to separate events, but apparently the aid and event emails are separate.

Good luck!

My results came in: 9k/year for part time study. Extends over four years if in good standing. Will be going to Admitted Students Day, and if everything checks out I'll accept the offer.

Thanks for everyone's input on the forum. Have to say it was a big help during the long wait for acceptance. Best of luck to those still awaiting a decision.

I did the essay, using the picture of the zipper. Tried to relate the image to combining similar but different areas of public policy in order find well-informed solutions. It's kinda vague, but fits in with their "answers are at the intersection" mantra and interdisciplinary approach, which I honed in on during all of my essays. I think the essay could only help the application and don't think a weak one would set anyone back.

thanks for sharing!!

I was accepted but I didn't do the optional essay. I was planning on writing it but at the end I wasn't happy with any of my drafts.

I did the Optional Explorer essay for my application as well. I used the one with the kids in a circle to critique a policy I heard that California implemented which determined how many prison beds to build based on standardized test scores in reading for fourth graders.

I got accepted, but have no idea how much it helped. I am of the view that the more information you can give the better.

hmmmm looks like a bit of variety here! thanks for your input!

got $0 as well.

Looking into other funding opportunities now.

Yeah, I got $0 as well. I am a little nervous that they aren't releasing financial aid information regarding government loans until mid-April, which will probably by on the day deposits are due or after. Don't want to be in a situation where I give NYU $1000 that I don't have just to hear that I can't get any loans.

That said, I was looking at my email and saw that I don't have to fulfill the Public Experience Requirement even though I don't have two years relevant work experience, but only two years work experience. Maybe it is because I will have a law degree by the time I start? Did anyone else have this waived or not and were surprised by it?