NYU Wagner school

Cuty0129

I've seen posters (in the admitted thread) that have been accepted, but I also applied to the MPA and have not heard anything. According to the website we should know by the end of this week. If by Friday I still don't know anything I'm planning on calling the school.

I didn't think I saw anyone posting admits to Wagner -- but a few to a separate NYU school that has an environmental policy program? Not sure. Hopefully we'll all hear good news in the next 2 days!

No word yet for me, though I wasn't expecting anything pre-3/16 since I sent my app in just before the 1/5 scholarship deadline. Read some older posts on this forum and it seems like NYU sends out a lot of notifications last minute. The time factor doesn't have anything to with getting in or being denied. Doesn't have any bearing on funding awards either. It's just, you know, kinda takes a while for them to tell you what's up.

One thing that Wagner has done that's freaked me out is the emails from the admissions department this past week. I've received two from the wagner.admissions address -- one talked about their career fair (with some solid groups turning out) and another about their rise in the U.S. News & World Report rankings. All good stuff, but I couldn't help but feel a little miffed when I saw their email and it wasn't about a decision. Especially since I hadn't received anything from them since my application was accepted. Has anyone else received these emails? I can't be the only one waiting for a decision who got them, right?

Anyway, it would be lame if they decided to tell me all the great things about their school before rejecting me. That'd be poor form on their part, given the radio silence before. Like Pavlov ringing the bell, the dog salivating, and Pavlov slapping the dog.

Best of luck to everyone waiting for a response.

No word yet for me, though I wasn't expecting anything pre-3/16 since I sent my app in just before the 1/5 scholarship deadline. Read some older posts on this forum and it seems like NYU sends out a lot of notifications last minute. The time factor doesn't have anything to with getting in or being denied. Doesn't have any bearing on funding awards either. It's just, you know, kinda takes a while for them to tell you what's up.

One thing that Wagner has done that's freaked me out is the emails from the admissions department this past week. I've received two from the wagner.admissions address -- one talked about their career fair (with some solid groups turning out) and another about their rise in the U.S. News & World Report rankings. All good stuff, but I couldn't help but feel a little miffed when I saw their email and it wasn't about a decision. Especially since I hadn't received anything from them since my application was accepted. Has anyone else received these emails? I can't be the only one waiting for a decision who got them, right?

Anyway, it would be lame if they decided to tell me all the great things about their school before rejecting me. That'd be poor form on their part, given the radio silence before. Like Pavlov ringing the bell, the dog salivating, and Pavlov slapping the dog.

Lol. Me too! When I read those 2 emails, I was like seriously? Just tell me if I'm accepted or not. Don't freak me out for no reason.

Yeah I think everyone is getting those emails. Someone posted on the admissions thread that they called and Wagner said we would all hear one way or the other on the 16th. I don't think timeline has much at all to do with it - I submitted my application first week of December (fellowship consideration, I know I didn't get it though) and haven't heard a dang thing since January (when I found out I wasn't a finalist for the fellowship).

I also got those emails, and they both gave me a heart attack. Not cool NYU. I looked through last year's thread and apparently they will send decisions on the 16th up until midnight :(

I'm reassured to know Im not the only one still waiting...at least we'll all know in 48 hours!

I also got those emails, and they both gave me a heart attack. Not cool NYU. I looked through last year's thread and apparently they will send decisions on the 16th up until midnight :(

I'm reassured to know Im not the only one still waiting...at least we'll all know in 48 hours!

crying....i didn't receive those emails!!!....did they just miss me out...

I didn't receive the email about the rise in rankings but I did get one about an award to the Furman center award and the career expo email. I really just want to know either way so that I can start figuring out what i'm doing in August.

I'm totally doing the same, Chai77. If I applied to four other schools AFTER Wagner (submitted early Dec), and have heard from all of them, what can be the hold up? lol. I mean I know its a popular school but I can't imagine Wagner gets dozens more apps then GW/American/etc.

watch us all get an email at midnight tonight. *bangs head on wall*

Last year it seems that they started sending out notifications around 5:30pm. In hopes that they will change the method to their madness this year, this still won't stop me from refreshing my inbox like a crazy person. Also the deadline last year was in the middle of the week. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with anything, but I'm just trying to make some sense of the situation.

Sincerely,

Stressed the hell out....