Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

IN AT KENTUCKY.

IM BOUT TO SHOUT IN CLASS AND DO A PRAISE DANCE.

Nice!!!! That's awesome, I'm glad you got some good news!  Now go celebrate after class!

(I'd give you a +1 but I've reached my daily quota.)

You know what the suckiest thing is right now? The fact that I picked all schools that are, traditionally, very late reporters. Anyone else in that bucket?

You better work the back channels and contact admission directors and go around the office people...

Congrats to all the admits today...Today is easily one of the best days of my life. Thinking about how low and depressed I was at work last yr, compared to now...Im glad i stuck it through and didnt do anything foolish...And I met the VP last week...and the 49ers are in the super bowl...Gotta just stick with it.

I am sure my ancestors like Fredrick Douglas & Harriet Tubman would be proud of me today.

My advice is go through the back channels (around the office folk if you have already spoken to the admission directors of the department), and keep your email open 24/7.

Edited by MarketMan257

You know what the suckiest thing is right now? The fact that I picked all schools that are, traditionally, very late reporters. Anyone else in that bucket?

Ya, it's killing me.

Congrats to everyone who heard great news today! I'm partial to those who got into Iowa, as I am a proud Iowan and huge Iowa fan. Go Hawks!

Many thanks! Iowa is among my top picks, so I was thrilled to get the call today! :D

Maybe the rest of the week will be pretty quiet if most of the excitement is out of the way after yesterday. 

I've noticed that Michigan is one of the few schools that releases acceptances and rejections all at once so that may make a mess all over the results board in a just few days.

I heard they were still reviewing as of this past weekend; I wouldn't expect results until next week. I've also heard them say that they want to release results the first week of February.

I heard they were still reviewing as of this past weekend; I wouldn't expect results until next week. I've also heard them say that they want to release results the first week of February.

Thanks for the info

Congrats to the new admits!

BTW, the DGS for the polisci department at UIowa just emailed me and asked if I have time this week to talk briefly about my research interests and their program. I am an international applicant and according to the results on Gradcafe, it seems that Americans got their admissions via phone. So I really don't know what does this request of interview mean  :huh:  Do I take one step further to the acceptance?