Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

No one has claimed the Yale, nor the Stanfords and the Stanfords came by different methods. I wouldn't get too excited yet.

I agree with this. Until someone who has been posting on here for a while claims them, I always remain highly suspicious.

No one has claimed the Yale, nor the Stanfords and the Stanfords came by different methods. I wouldn't get too excited yet.

i will believe you for the sake of my hopes and dreams (and beauty sleep). happy valentines day all!

Ditto, except for 203. Actually, my mother just called me and I almost irrationally yelled at her because she wasn't Kalyvas or Sambanis.

Hilarious!  Sounds like something I would do.  Got a call from a weird area code the other day, it was a prerecorded telemarketer... I didn't even get to irrationally (or rationally) yell at them :(  

and thanks, i now I know what area code to look for...

Hogwarts? Defence Against the Dark Arts PhD? Notification via Owl? What a troll.... Ha!

Either that or this waiting game is seriously making many of us lose our minds.

What?  Did I miss that on the results board before being taken down?  Because, as far as trolling goes, that's not too bad.  I'm no Potter fanboy or anything, but Defence Against the Dark Arts?!?  By Owl?!?  <golf clap>

What?  Did I miss that on the results board before being taken down?  Because, as far as trolling goes, that's not too bad.  I'm no Potter fanboy or anything, but Defence Against the Dark Arts?!?  By Owl?!?  <golf clap>

Dude, Wemayet. Have you also still not heard from Minn? When do we hear from Minn!? The website tells me nothing! It's driving me crazy. ):

I'll open a bottle of wine for every rejection letter and I'll open a bottle of wine for every acceptance letter. Either way, I'll be drinking...

It might require more than a bottle...

I'll open a bottle of wine for every rejection letter and I'll open a bottle of wine for every acceptance letter. Either way, I'll be drinking... 

Save some for me.

It looks like we applied to some of the same schools actually, so good luck!

Seriously? Stanford called someone at 6 am to let them know of their acceptance? Doubt it. 

Why six am? 

Hang on...just saw latest post. May just not have posted until this morning? It seems like the cluster of admits (if not trolling) was yesterday afternoon/evening.

Edit: I do suspect trolling though. Light the torches and grab pitchforks...?

Edited by Mnemonics2

Sigh.  Can someone please claim a Stanford admit already if they are legit?  

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing is related to someone having the guts to ask about Stanford admissions on PSJR yesterday:

http://www.poliscijobrumors.com/topic.php?id=87007

So if it is a troll, I'm sure I speak for at least some others that you succeeded in causing the reaction you were probably hoping for, so good job.  You apparently also have no life.