Welcome to the 2012-2013 cycle

Whereabouts are you logging in to see this?  When I try to log in to the apply website it says "Access Denied.  You may submit only one application for admission to graduate study per academic year. For information go tohttp://studentaffairs.stanford.edu/gradadmissions "

Hit apply now. Check the box and hit start your application. On the next screen under "Manage Your Account" is "Review Your Activity." Log into your account and it should be there. 

Your application has been submitted electronically to the Department of Political Science.  Do not be concerned if your application status is "incomplete."  Unless you heard directly from me about missing materials, you can assume that we had everything we needed to consider your application.  All applications, even those marked as "incomplete," are being considered by the committee.  We expect to notify applicants of the committee's decision no later than February 20th.   Thank you for your patience.

since they usually send out acceptances a few days prior, i wonder if that means they will have acceptances out on the 20th with rejections coming out later, or if acceptances will be out a few days earlier with rejections coming out by the 20th... 

I personally read this that all applicants will be notified by the 20th regardless of the outcome, but who knows.

Hit apply now. Check the box and hit start your application. On the next screen under "Manage Your Account" is "Review Your Activity." Log into your account and it should be there. 

Yup, that works. Lots of green on that page, which got my heart going for a split second. This one is gonna hurt when the decision finally comes through...

Of course, it's so obvious now! 0_o

Thanks  :)

If you guys need me, I'll be staring at my phone and wishing for someone with a 650 number to call.

Ditto, except for 203. Actually, my mother just called me and I almost irrationally yelled at her because she wasn't Kalyvas or Sambanis.

Congrats to all the new admits. The admissions I have seen thus far are really impressive and you should all be very proud of yourself. 

To those who have not heard anything or have been greeted with rejections all I can say is that I emphasis with your situation and that while you have not heard good new thus far should not discount the possibility that you will gain admittance later in this cycle. 

I hope all of you are having a good week and I wish the best for you all. 

Best,

P

Disappointing season so far... Cornell is out and I didn't get the email. Same goes for Maryland (still have some hope although) and Austin. 

I think Maryland is still making most decisions... their last deadline was only Feb 1.