Fall 2013 English Lit Applicants

Also, if you don't have anything posted, that's probably a good sign.  Mine was available as soon as I signed into ApplyYourself, a link that said "A decision on your application is available" or something along those lines.
Sorry to hear that but thanks for your kind words. It's probably only because I was told by the DGS to include in my SOP that I was willing to be considered for the MA if no PhD spots were open.

Sorry to hear that but thanks for your kind words. It's probably only because I was told by the DGS to include in my SOP that I was willing to be considered for the MA if no PhD spots were open.

That's not a bad position to be in for Delaware.  From what appears to be the case, students that get through the M.A. are usually promoted from within into the Ph.D. program and their M.A.s are generally funded.  Good luck!

That's not a bad position to be in for Delaware.  From what appears to be the case, students that get through the M.A. are usually promoted from within into the Ph.D. program and their M.A.s are generally funded.  Good luck!
Thanks! And same to you. You've got good things ahead. I can tell!

Hey Krempel! I live near Baltimore and know a few people who work at BCCC. Do you mind if I ask where you got your MA? (You can PM me if you'd rather not post it). Good luck this season!

Yeah no problem.  I did my MA at Salisbury University.  Great program.  Even better Teaching Assistant program for those who get the fellowship.

Yeah I know a few at BCCC too, but I'm at CCBC in Catonsville.

But don't you already have your MA?  

Hello again, everyone..

I don't mean to "hijack" the thread, but I have a question.

I am considering submitting a paper to a department that also has my graduate admissions application. I attend one of their "branch campuses," as an M.A. student, and I'm also applying to a PhD program on the main campus. The paper is for a contest, and I would only be representing myself as an M.A. student. However, I figure my paper submission (should anyone notice AT ALL) will either 1) make me seem more ambitious, or 2) make me seem like I'm grasping at straws.

Honestly; I don't know why I'm asking. I figure that my chances are probably the same either way, and that if someone is irritated at reading my essay twice, oh, well.. Still, I'm not sure. Since there are a lot of things I'm not sure about, it's nice to be able to ask once in a while and get some feedback.

Edited by OctaviaButlerfan

I would go for it... supposing that it is the kind of paper competition that people from your program would regularly apply for... I wouldn't apply just because you want them to see that you applied to the competition. Either way, it is unlikely that it will hurt your chances for admission.

No. I was planning on applying for it anyway.. given that it's simultaneously the first and last time I am eligible to apply, and it is quite relevant to my current work and my aspirations. My only regret is that it's pretty much the same paper as the one I submitted for my writing sample, and it's not as strong as I would have liked.

I have no idea whether or not they're the same people, Don'tHate. It's certainly possible.

Thanks!

No idea why, but I only got rejected by Kansas this morning.  I can't imagine why they would send out a bunch of rejections on Thursday and then wait until Monday to get the rest out.  Bah.

No idea why, but I only got rejected by Kansas this morning.  I can't imagine why they would send out a bunch of rejections on Thursday and then wait until Monday to get the rest out.  Bah.

Hang in there! You've got 11 to go! That's more than me and I haven't heard anything yet!

Sorry :( Don't give up yet though!!! 

If it's any consolation, I have a feeling this is what's going to happen with me and OSU...

Question: how late do you think schools will call (if they call to notify you of admission)?

Sub-question: how late do you think schools will call people who are 6/7 hours ahead? 

Yuck! Sorry to hear!

This process is awful...

There isn't going to be any news until around when schools start to reply. Nothing is going to pop up until then (reject or admit). I'd suggest putting a date to start looking in your planner, and then start working on a project of some sort to keep yourself distracted. 

To anyone applying to FAU( Florida Atlantic University), I was told via email that decisions will be made in the next two weeks.

Is anyone applying to UF? I applied and was told I would not hear anything until March. If there are any other UF applicants out there, I'd love to hear from you!

Just to throw a wrench in that, Wisconsin Madison should be releasing results soon.

I think you have another two weeks-ish until Madison replies.  I don't think they've ever replied before the 9th. (last year they replied on the 9th... and in prior years they've replied on the 13th, 14th, 11th, etc.).