I am soooo F'ing TIRED of waiting!!

husky07

I'm past going crazy now im just annoyed, everytime i check my email and see "no unread messages" i'm just annoyed. Like really? How can I not have heard a peep from any 10 of them yet? The admin assist for our dept at my undergrad today said that its a good sign i haven't heard yet but I dont understand how that could be.

I'm with you. I know people who have heard from faculty that they haven't gotten in places, but haven't received notice from the university.

Silence is just...our lives on hold. Not indicative of anything in particular. It's just random and excruciating.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've managed to evolve past the crazy, obsessive thegradcafe and email checking. Now I'm at this point where I'm pretty much assuring myself of my impending doom, and am only slightly annoyed that the doom has not arrived yet.

I'm past going crazy now im just annoyed, everytime i check my email and see "no unread messages" i'm just annoyed. Like really? How can I not have heard a peep from any 10 of them yet?

same here. 11 schools. 0 responses.

The admin assist for our dept at my undergrad today said that its a good sign i haven't heard yet but I dont understand how that could be.

i certainly hope so, but i too don't understand how that could be either. i think its a pretty neutral thing.

I've managed to evolve past the crazy, obsessive thegradcafe and email checking. Now I'm at this point where I'm pretty much assuring myself of my impending doom, and am only slightly annoyed that the doom has not arrived yet.

I have also evolved to this point. And if anyone else tells me to "think positively" with a knowing smile on their face...AHHHH!!!

Good ol' Columbia. Not only did they send us one email.... there was two spam messages. They are really just trying to screw with us!

... and another message today canceling one of the events they announced yesterday.

They are seriously just trying to screw with us! :lol:

I have also evolved to this point. And if anyone else tells me to "think positively" with a knowing smile on their face...AHHHH!!!

I hate this. It makes me more than angry. Thankfully my thesis committee had a realistic intervention with me yesterday. That was much appreciated (and I'm being serious).

My parents keep asking why I don't apply to schools close by now. They think that these schools had these deadlines for out-of-state applicants only, and that I should be able to apply to UT-Austin, UT-San Antonio, UH, and the like with no problems. They also think it is perfectly acceptable and normal to start your Ph.D. program at one school and then transfer out after a year. UGH! In fact, I gotten to where i dread their phone calls. :(

"Pending" is just as annoying.

HA . . . are you waiting on UVA too? I decided they must be referring me to their MA program.

This is what I don't get -- you've sent out acceptances. You've even sent out rejections. Why, if it's a waiting list, can't you just tell us that we're on a waiting list? ANY communication would be better than silence (or "Pending").

This is like a bad breakup - you know, the kind where you know it's going to end, but the other person doesn't have the balls to just do it cleanly, so she suggests a "break" for a while instead. Just end it already. Just reject me so I can get on with my life and start planning for somewhere that DID want me.

The wait is driving me crazy! I check my applications everyday, with nothing changing. Check email a bazillion times a day, and check the religion forum with some hopes of info on when the notifications will be sent out. I am so tired of waiting!

As much as we know checking our email 10 times an hour doesn't help, I can't find a way to NOT obsess about it. I am a mess of excitement, nervousness, and just anxiety and want to know!!!! Nobody from the programs I applied to have heard yet.

A lot of us could be waiting a fewwww more weeks . . . I can't imagine all this anticipation building up anymore!

I agree that I enjoy being away from my computer because when i come back its more exciting. I know it sounds silly but I feel like because i haven't been obsessively checking and been away from my computer that I should get an email, like the world or the physics phd gods know that i've stopped thinking about it for a minute so thats the time itll happen. I know its not true but cant help thinking it.

applied to 10 PhD programs. no news from any univ yet. getting nervous and mad, day by day. is there ne one who got admits in amrch/april/May?

ne one else apped for PhD programs and not heard ne thing yet ?? please ppl, if any one there apped for PhD and not heard ne thing, do post here.

People do hear in March. A few schools told me that the professors would meet only in the first week of March and a decision would be out at max by mid March. I'd switch to panic mode (of the voluntary kind, we are all taken over by the involuntary kind though and there's no escape from that) only after mid-March if I were you..

I keep hitting the "Check Mail" button on my Yahoo. Even, like, one second after I just clicked it, as if that will be the critical second when the notification will come through.

The bad thing is the time gap between when you get your first notifications and when you get your last. I wasn't even expecting to hear anything until March, but then I heard back end of January on an interview and beginning of February on acceptance. Now, nothing!

Why can't they just tell you you're on a waitlist? I have to just assume by other people's postings in the results page. Do they really think that if they notify us later, after their first choices drop out, that we'll believe we were on the acceptance list all along? Wtf?

It's like hearing that someone's going to ask you to prom, then finding out they asked someone else and you're their second choice. ;)

The bad thing is the time gap between when you get your first notifications and when you get your last. I wasn't even expecting to hear anything until March, but then I heard back end of January on an interview and beginning of February on acceptance. Now, nothing!

I am in the same boat as you. I only got my 1 rejection informally, because I asked a trusted source, and my acceptance was in the first week of Feb.

This. :lol:

ok brain!!! let's do it! lol

seriously can admissions at least tell me if they are keeping me in the grad applicant pool as a plan b because plan a students could drop out... or are they refusing to read my app, or did they file it in the trash can.. my god if it's a no it's a no, tell me.. if it's wait list give me a notification.. and the chance I have of getting in with a plus or minus error! EEEERRRRRRRRR

Sleepingkitty; i am so with you on that. I haven't had any response and should have feedback this week (hopefully).

Their silence makes me think that I am already rejected. I hope they advise the rejections right away, so we can decide what to do with ourlives. I heard some schools don't even notify applicants of their rejections. That is just wrong. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!