Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

I don't think that the dates/ days are significant; they were not relevant last year. Indonesia released the information a month sooner. The days of the week for notification are all over the board, and there are no apparent trends.  

Yeah, I didn't really think it had any significance. It could still be months before some of us hear. *sigh*

Yeah, I didn't really think it had any significance. It could still be months before some of us hear. *sigh*

Aww, don't say that hahaha. Yeah, I'm just relying on the fact that Austria is usually one of the first.

The good news is that people are active on this thread again!

Freaking out...any other Croatia applicants out there?  I was ok at waiting until about 3 weeks ago...now it's just unbearable!  ah!

I really considered applying to Croatia. I have family there. The number of award recipients is just too low though. I thought I stood a better chance applying to Germany. Especially since I can speak German better than I can Croatian (which is only a few words, really). Germany is still close enough that I can still go and visit them, anyway!

I know what you mean.. Same here. It's kind of like, when I'm readin an exciting bit in a book and I keep thinking, "Don't read ahead, don't read ahead," and then I skip to the next paragraph to see what happens. THen I have to go back and reread the last paragraph and..yeah.

Okay. that probably doesn't make an ounce of sense!

It makes perfect sense. Ha.  Actually, when first round notifications rolled out, I skipped the first line of the email entirely in search for the part where I would be rejected and then suddenly I saw "your application has been forwarded..." at which point I realized it was actually good news and jumped for joy.  

It makes perfect sense. Ha.  Actually, when first round notifications rolled out, I skipped the first line of the email entirely in search for the part where I would be rejected and then suddenly I saw "your application has been forwarded..." at which point I realized it was actually good news and jumped for joy.  

Exactly.

..Sigh. I think the only thing keeping me sane right now is this message board. I am so unproductive right now..

Exactly.

..Sigh. I think the only thing keeping me sane right now is this message board. I am so unproductive right now..

BAaaarggh I agree/I have a midterm tomorrow and I'm just spending the time panicking for this interview.

BAaaarggh I agree/I have a midterm tomorrow and I'm just spending the time panicking for this interview.

Me tooo...... I feel like I'll never be prepared enough because I'm afraid they're going to ask all these hard questions

Even if I don't comment all the time, I check this thread numerous times a day. Ahhh can't wait until I hear the final decision.. even if its a no, it'll be nice to finalize plans for next year.

My thoughts exactly! I've been accepted to a couple programs that I'd be happy to go to, but I just want to know!

Edited by nainalerom

From my FPA:

"Hello to our UW Fulbright recommended graduate and professional applicants,

As we’re sure you know, countries make their decisions about Fulbright over the next 3-4 months (yes, it sometimes takes until June).   We’re writing to ask you to let us know when you hear the decision from your country—we don’t get notified, but we are anxious to hear results (not as anxious as you, perhaps, but anxious nonetheless).  "

SO not helpful....

Even if I don't comment all the time, I check this thread numerous times a day. Ahhh can't wait until I hear the final decision.. even if its a no, it'll be nice to finalize plans for next year.

Right there with you. Not sure if obsessively checking the forum is helping or just making me that much more anxious. Quite the trend we have here :)

From my FPA:

As we’re sure you know, countries make their decisions about Fulbright over the next 3-4 months (yes, it sometimes takes until June).   We’re writing to ask you to let us know when you hear the decision from your country—we don’t get notified, but we are anxious to hear results (not as anxious as you, perhaps, but anxious nonetheless).  "

SO not helpful....

Yes: talking in circles. 

From my FPA:

SO not helpful....

That is very odd... my FPA was copied on my email. 

found this forum as I wait to hear from Fulbright, and i've heard it can be quite a wait for Arab countries! my strategy for these sorts of things is to just not think about it until suddenly i hopefully hear, yet here i am, good to have a place to go to see others in the same boat. i wish everyone the best of luck, i truly hope whether it's Fulbright or anything else everyone finds a great and fulfilling opportunity for next year :)  

Hello all!!! :blink:   -- I have been trying to find this blog for a few months now! I had been stalking last year's blog in an attempt to discover some sort of hint as to when we will hear about final decisions.

I was recommended for an ETA grant to Thailand. Anyone here on the same boat, specifically for Thailand? I'm really glad to have finally found this year's blog and to (hopefully) share in the 2-3 month long rollercoaster ride along with you all.

I think about it every.single.day. Dream about it sometimes, and often re-read my application. :ph34r: Sad and unhealthy, I know!

J

Hello all!!! :blink:   -- I have been trying to find this blog for a few months now! I had been stalking last year's blog in an attempt to discover some sort of hint as to when we will hear about final decisions.

I was recommended for an ETA grant to Thailand. Anyone here on the same boat, specifically for Thailand? I'm really glad to have finally found this year's blog and to (hopefully) share in the 2-3 month long rollercoaster ride along with you all.

I think about it every.single.day. Dream about it sometimes, and often re-read my application. :ph34r: Sad and unhealthy, I know!

J

There's a blog?

Am hoping maybe our first Fulbrighters got this information in their acceptance emails, or perhaps others know the answer... generally, how much time is given between hearing that you've received an award and the deadline to formally commit to accept/decline the award? Is it a very fast turnaround or are we given some time to consider it?