Fulbright 2013-2014

Cyclone88

Hi all,

Feeling much better from the 'phoid now. Discharged from the Sri Lankan hospital, pumped full of antibiotics and trying not to vomit everywhere...

Ok, I've updated the spreadsheet with recommended and not recommendeds. If someone hasn't posted on the forum since prior to the first round notification, then they're considered "not recommended." If you've found I've edited you in error, please update!

At row 200, you'll notice statistics on those accepted/alternate/rejected etc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmoTe-gJd4B9dFJ0aW1mYTVkYnhKcUEzR28yRTNwdlE#gid=1

herp derp. Good luck!

You're the best!! Glad you're feeling better!

I woke up this morning thinking, "tomorrow is Monday. I might know tomorrow." I'm suspecting that we (UK applicants) will hear by Friday at the latest, or that's what I'm telling myself to maintain my sanity... So tomorrow we have a 1 in 5 chance, right? Heh.

We just need to get through this week (assuming that they will let us know by the end)! I'm feeling so on edge

We just need to get through this week (assuming that they will let us know by the end)! I'm feeling so on edge

I agree! I wish we'd just find out today- every day is a little tortuous... I even snapped at a friend for asking me about it today- I felt really bad Edited by Anon314

Been lurking on this thread for several months. My desperation for an outlet to vent my frustration with how unnecessarily slow this process is finally pushed me to start posting. Hello everyone =) Any other Jordan ETA applicants on here? 

Found this thread last week while I was trying to enjoy Spring Break and avoid all Fulbright news. Clearly wasn't very successful!

I am a recommended candidate for a full study grant to Ecuador! Based on previous years, it seems likely that I will get some news in the next week or two!

Good luck to all!

Been lurking on this thread for several months. My desperation for an outlet to vent my frustration with how unnecessarily slow this process is finally pushed me to start posting. Hello everyone =) Any other Jordan ETA applicants on here? 

Jordan Full Grant hopeful! 

Hello! I just found this group today and it is comforting to know others are as anxious as I. I have applied for a Fulbright grant to do research in Estonia. My sources in country told me "not to get my hopes up" since there are 7 applicants for the 3 spots. I am not giving up hope though. It's nice to know so many people are interested in this tiny Baltic country. Anyway, I wait on pins and needles with you!

Congratulations to those who have found out!

Are all notification e-mails coming directly from host countries, as in the case of Austria? If so then I'm a total idiot, cause it means I've been getting nervous each day at about 1am Delhi time.

Not sure. Could be a mix of both?

This is what my rec email said:

"If you are selected for an award, you will receive notification of your status from the FFSB.  If you are named an alternate or are not selected, you will be notified by IIE"

So..... Anybody else back to panicking for the weekdays? This week is mid-March! Eep.

Every time my cell phone sounds off that i have a new e-mail my heart jumps.... since its after business hours in the UK i guess i should stop sweating it now. Or wait, the email is coming stateside right? Oh no! 90 mins of panicking!  Lol

I woke up this morning thinking, "tomorrow is Monday. I might know tomorrow." I'm suspecting that we (UK applicants) will hear by Friday at the latest, or that's what I'm telling myself to maintain my sanity... So tomorrow we have a 1 in 5 chance, right? Heh.

Yes i'm thinking we should hear by Friday at the very least as well. Fridays seem to trend with them thus far. The odds that we get an email tomorrow are even greater yippee!!!

"If you are selected for an award, you will receive notification of your status from the FFSB. If you are named an alternate or are not selected, you will be notified by IIE"

Edited because I found the answer online blaaaaah Edited by Anon314

"If you are selected for an award, you will receive notification of your status from the FFSB. If you are named an alternate or are not selected, you will be notified by IIE"

My selected email came from IIE...

Jordan Full Grant hopeful! 

Nice! Here's hoping we find out earlier than they have in the past. It's ranged from mid-April to mid-May for Jordan. Not sure I can deal with the latter lol 

Nice! Here's hoping we find out earlier than they have in the past. It's ranged from mid-April to mid-May for Jordan. Not sure I can deal with the latter lol 

No joke! Every time someone else on this forum finds out their status I actually start hoping that maybe Jordan will be early too but seriously, who am I kidding?

Hey all,

My name is Eli Kramer and I'm a finalist for a full grant to Finland to study their education system. Has anyone heard any news for better or worse about their Finnish grants?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Best Regards,

Eli

Edited by Eliornerkramer

Just got an email from IIE Beijing with paperwork to fill out for my *potential* host institution. 

"

Your proposed host institution participates in the Chinese Government Scholarship Program (CGS).  Under the agreement with the Chinese Ministry of Education that governs the Fulbright program in China, the Fulbright Program is able to nominate a certain number of Fulbright candidates for tuition waiver scholarships under the CGS program every year...it is required that all Fulbright grant candidates who are requesting an affiliation with a host institution that participates in the CGS Program submit their affiliation applications through this channel.

"

There's also a comprehensive list of majors offered in China. Some of the ones that are tempting me to sign up for just out of curiosity: National Defense Economics, Leather Chemistry and Engineering, Ethnic Law, Intelligent Decision-making & Knowledge Management, and Sericulture. Tons of other interesting-looking stuff. I guess it's a list of all gov't-approved majors.

I notice that out of all the 69 different econ majors none of them has anything to do with Marxism, though two of the law majors are Marxist Theory & Ideology Education and Marxist Ethnic Theory and Policy. 

Edited by secretlyismaili