MFA 2013 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ten-of-swords

Just heard from Columbia with a rejection email.  Now if Rutgers would step up and deliver a yes or no I would be happy to start planning my future!

Hi there, idioteck - I would maybe call Rutgers and see what's going on. I know they want a decision in early April, so . . . if anything, they should at least let you know what the deal is, either way.

Just heard from Columbia with a rejection email.  Now if Rutgers would step up and deliver a yes or no I would be happy to start planning my future!

Me too regarding Columbia.

Still waiting for Berkeley's response. I'm assuming rejection since it's March, but I would just like to know. Anyone hear anything? If so, when and what?

I am also eager to hear back from Berkeley - just called their admissions office and was told that decisions have been made and they are hoping to have results out by this Friday... TOMORROW!  They do interviews before accepting applicants.  Good luck to you, meowmeow.

beards,

Do you mind telling me what is listed when you check your application status at VCU? Here is the link.

When I check my status it says "complete and ready for review" but from what I understand all the reviews have taken place.

I have yet to hear anything from them and cannot get anyone to answer the phone in the painting/printmaking department.

Like many I would prefer to know that I am rejected rather than have a lingering hope.

Why I look at that site all it says it that my applications have been processed.  A lot of schools don't update their websites with admission statuses though.  Which program(s) did you apply to?  I received a rejection letter from the painting program a couple days ago by mail, but it was at my parents house in Virginia, do it might have gotten there earlier than some other areas.  I also applied to their sculpture program, and haven't heard anything yet

beards,

Do you mind telling me what is listed when you check your application status at VCU? Here is the link.

When I check my status it says "complete and ready for review" but from what I understand all the reviews have taken place.

I have yet to hear anything from them and cannot get anyone to answer the phone in the painting/printmaking department.

Like many I would prefer to know that I am rejected rather than have a lingering hope.

i am in the same situation. people are already getting accepted/rejected, but my status is still "complete ready for review" too.... not too much hope at this point, probably they just didn't bother to update their system

Why I look at that site all it says it that my applications have been processed.  A lot of schools don't update their websites with admission statuses though.  Which program(s) did you apply to?  I received a rejection letter from the painting program a couple days ago by mail, but it was at my parents house in Virginia, do it might have gotten there earlier than some other areas.  I also applied to their sculpture program, and haven't heard anything yet

I applied for the Painting Department. I live in NC so I can't imagine a letter would take too much longer arrive here.

I know they are not accepting many to the program this year so my expectations are not too robust. 

It is appalling what one can do to themselves internally when left in a state of limbo though.

I appreciate you sharing though. 

beards,

mine says the same thing, but I have had news of acceptance from the department (not the graduate school yet), so clearly the link isn't the way to find out. I think many schools take a while to do final offers and status to all applicants. maybe you should follow up with them?

I am also eager to hear back from Berkeley - just called their admissions office and was told that decisions have been made and they are hoping to have results out by this Friday... TOMORROW!  They do interviews before accepting applicants.  Good luck to you, meowmeow.

Oh thanks for the info! It's my first time applying. I'm still in undergrad, so I'm doubting I'll get accepted, which is OK. Some time off between undergrad and grad will be nice. I just want to work with Greg Niemyer so badly. Good luck!!

It seems that someone got interview notification from risd?

cause I search the result of 'risd photography' and there are an interview notification posted by someone....

anyone here got that from risd (photography)?

cause I search the result of 'risd photography' and there are an interview notification posted by someone....

Hey, so a lot happened yesterday. I received a RISD interview and Columbia University rejected me. With the good comes the bad. I guess I'm just not destined to be Ivy League...

Hi Vaneiris,

I was one of the people with an interview from RISD but it's in painting. Haven't heard about photo yet but would imagine they'd contact you soon. Might be time to give a friendly call to admissions...

Hi Vaneiris,

I was one of the people with an interview from RISD but it's in painting. Haven't heard about photo yet but would imagine they'd contact you soon. Might be time to give a friendly call to admissions...

Thank you for your reply, Maxine

Hope you can get the offer, goodluck!

Hey folks,

I have an interview with RISD for photo. I'm wondering if anybody from other disciplines had any sage wisdom they would like to share regarding the interview format. I remeber somebody back a few pages saying it was pretty relaxed. Are there any curve balls I should be aware of? did they want to see new work? or anything like that?

Thanks everybody

Hi clay peeps! I found out Risd typically offers six spots for admission. Thought I'd share that bit if information as I can only hope good things now! It's great to hear how people are getting good feed back. Good luck to everyone!

Syracuse and Claremont were Feb 1st application deadlines. Has anyone heard back from either of them for painting or sculpture? There's no way to check status so I'm curious as to when they accept. 

anyone heard from iu hope yet?

Nothing.  Either this week or in 2 weeks is what I was told by the grad assistant.  Next week is spring break, so it all hinged on whether they made decisions this week.  I'm assuming, as it's Friday, that it'll be 2 weeks before we hear anything.... :(

anyone heard from iu hope yet?

I heard back from IUB printmaking mid-Feb.  You should try calling their grad. coordinator if you haven't already, she was very helpful when i called.  she should be able to give you an idea of when decisions are going out or if you somehow missed yours.

Nothing.  Either this week or in 2 weeks is what I was told by the grad assistant.  Next week is spring break, so it all hinged on whether they made decisions this week.  I'm assuming, as it's Friday, that it'll be 2 weeks before we hear anything.... :(

that stinks :(  ugh so sick of this waiting.