MFA 2013 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ten-of-swords

Congrats everyone on lots of good news!

Has anyone heard from Riverside? It seems the last few years there were acceptances/rejections in early February?

Anyone with word from Pratt painting/studio?

I have a skype interview with them tomorrow. They said this week is the first round of interviews and gave me a list with 28 time slots to choose from. They said it was first come first serve and if I didnt get a spot they would move me to the next round. Not sure if they have notified their second round interview candidates yet or not.

Congrats everyone on lots of good news!

Has anyone heard from Riverside? It seems the last few years there were acceptances/rejections in early February?

I have heard nothing from riverside.

I called them and was told to email brandon.lattu@ucr.edu because he was the head of the mfa selection committee. But was also told not to expect to hear from him because he was in NYC for an exhibition.  

So really it's news that is no news.

Edited by tilt@jjfab

I have heard nothing from riverside.

I called them and was told to email brandon.lattu@ucr.edu because he was the head of the mfa selection committee. But was also told not to expect to hear from him because he was in NYC for an exhibition.  

So really it's news that is no news.

Darn. Well thank you! I'll cross my fingers for us :)

Hi all! Just interviewed at Tyler. Really loved visiting, but don't want to get my hopes up too much. Thought it went well, but who knows.

So...

Has anyone interviewed at Cornell? The description of the interview process is making me nervous: "The interview consists of about 20 minutes for you to present your work, and a 20-25 minute period to discuss your work with faculty and current MFA students. Our plan is for this process to be relaxed and a casual exchange..."

Anyone have any experience with this sort of interview format? Or interviewing specifically at Cornell? I'm so much more comfortable in a Q&A setting... this scares me!

Best of luck to you all, exciting to see the acceptances coming in :)

I just had that kind of interview at Tyler. You didn't have to present for Painting?

Write me a private message. I can tell you my experience...and I also live with someone who did the Cornell interview a few years ago.

I have a skype interview with them tomorrow. They said this week is the first round of interviews and gave me a list with 28 time slots to choose from. They said it was first come first serve and if I didnt get a spot they would move me to the next round. Not sure if they have notified their second round interview candidates yet or not.

Thanks for the heads up. Good luck in your interview! I hope it goes incredibly well!

Have any painters heard from Hunter or Columbia or UCLA? All these interviews and rejections are gonna give me an ulcer. 

MICA Mt. Royal- Interviewed

MICA Hoffberger- Interviewed

Yale- Upcoming Interview

Tyler- Interviewed

Rutgers- Rejected

Bard- Rejected

NYU -Upcoming interview

UCLA ?

Hunter ?

Columbia?

VCU - Rejected

BU - Waitlist

Have any painters heard from Hunter or Columbia or UCLA? All these interviews and rejections are gonna give me an ulcer. 

MICA Mt. Royal- Interviewed

MICA Hoffberger- Interviewed

Yale- Upcoming Interview

Tyler- Interviewed

Rutgers- Rejected

Bard- Rejected

NYU -Upcoming interview

UCLA ?

Hunter ?

Columbia?

VCU - Rejected

BU - Waitlist

Lots of painters have heard from Hunter about interviews-- they all heard on March1.  I'm assuming that those of us who heard nothing are rejected.  sorry.

Hey everyone, I've mostly been over on the mfa photography forum, but lurking on this one. I just received by rejection letter for mfa photography at saic, but they did offer me admission into their bfa program as a prior degree student. I'm still waiting to hear back from the other two schools I applied to, so right now I'm considering this as a possible plan b. I've noticed there's been a lot of good advice over here, so thought I'd ask your thoughts on this...do you think this is something I should consider? This is my first time applying, so there's always next year if things don't go my way this time.

nudibranches,

I see that you have listed a rejection from VCU. Did you receive a formal rejection or are you assuming  rejection based on silence?

I have yet to hear anything from them.

Welp, it's official. No scholarship to SAIC, and a rejection from Concordia. Not a super awesome day...but hey, SAIC is still a damn good school, and it's way better than Concordia (which is why I'm surprised). Still waiting to hear back from SFAI...

Hi,

I have interview scheduled with RISD (3 year MFA Graphic Design) this friday. I am really freaking out. Can anyone please give me some hints about the questions they ask in the interviews.

Thanks

I interviewed at RISD yesterday for the 2 year program.  They were super mean and made me cry!

Not really. The interview was extremely chill. I interviewed with Bethany, Nancy, and Tom. They are all very nice people and have a great energy and excitement for their program (and their students).

They had my SoP printed out and asked a few things about sections that had been noted, asked if I knew of the work of so-and-so (and if I didn't, Bethany wrote it down in my little notebook so I could look it up later), and asked what questions I had for them. My slides submitted through Slideroom were pulled up on the computer on the desk be we didn't even talk about it. I took some loose printed things with me and my computer but I never even pulled them out.  We talked briefly about the work I do and what faculty I'd line up with well.

Both this RISD interview and my MICA interview were less about my work and more about them getting a sense of who I am, my personality, how they think I'd work with other people, and what I could bring to the table for the cohort they're trying to put together.

Welp, it's official. No scholarship to SAIC, and a rejection from Concordia. Not a super awesome day...but hey, SAIC is still a damn good school, and it's way better than Concordia (which is why I'm surprised). Still waiting to hear back from SFAI...

Congrats on SAIC, it does seem like an awesome place!   What program did you apply for at Concordia, Open Media?  I still haven't heard from them and I'm stressing over it.

I don't know if anyone else applied to Herron, but they said they'll be sending out letters most likely next week.  Argh.  I'm also waiting to hear back about a job, and waiting for our tax return so we can do some more work on our house--- tired of waiting!

Congrats on SAIC, it does seem like an awesome place!   What program did you apply for at Concordia, Open Media?  I still haven't heard from them and I'm stressing over it.

Yup, Open Media. I got an email from them, so check yours! If you didn't get an email them it's probably a good sign!

Has anyone heard of UCLA contacting any new media people or painters yet?

Yes, a friend of mine was called a week or more ago for New Media. It sounded like an impromptu interview about 20 min. and then they called him again  and talked for about 45 min. They said he was a semi-finalist but to my knowledge he hasn't heard from them since then. 

Hope that helps somewhat. 

Had a pretty good Skype interview with Pratt today, then received an e-mail acceptance to The City College of New York. It's not my first choice, but it's cheap and has a reputation as a good program for people who are looking to spend a couple years making work in New York while earning an MFA without accruing a ton of debt. I applied as a painter but understand the program to be more interdisciplinary. Does anyone have any information or opinions on the program??

I interviewed with Tulane painting faculty a week ago via Skype and haven't heard anything since.

I haven't heard from them about interviews so I'm guessing I might have been cut... Do you mind telling me who you interviewed with and how it went? PM if you prefer... THANKS!