MFA 2013 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ten-of-swords

who here has heard from the graphic design dept at VCU or CCA?? i emailed both of them to check on my status (i'm assuming rejection since it's so late) and they both basically said that they are still processing my application. anybody else get better news??

I have not heard from cca at all. did not apply to vcu.

Ugh, looks like Boston university emails went out. A friend of mine (who is also applying for sculpture)received an email around noon letting him know he was  waitlisted and I somehow received nothing. Super worried that means a rejection or they didnt get my letters of recommendation or transcripts :( :(. Called their department today to make sure they were recieved but they won't get back to me until Monday :(

Edited by ArsenicYellow

I hear a few people with rejections from Rutgers but is there anyone with an acceptance yet? My application also says no decision at this point and I am quite anxious as I like their program a lot. I also have yet to hear anything from Boston University. Is there anyone with word from them?

No idea. Still waiting on BU too!

According to last year's thread, people started hearing back during the first week of March!

Should be soon.

Hi!   I haven't received any news about interviews, but I read on here some "typical questions" someone has answered in an interview, and I was not expecting some of those questions! (As in which dead people you would take to dinner?) Has anyone been interviewed already, and would like to let me know what sorts of questions they were asked?   Thanks!
My interviewers asked specific questions about my submitted pieces, asking to elaborate on the process and conceptual meaning. Also questioned about proposed direction of current/new work. Then they were basically "selling" the program to me.

I still haven't heard anything from OSU (drawing and painting) so I called this morning. They said they don't give decisions over the phone. He asked if I applied anywhere else, (just being friendly OR wanting to know if I had other options?) He said I should get a letter in the mail no later than the end of next week and to call if I had any questions. He was super nice and then said "talk to you soon" which set me in to confusion all over again!! Was it just a "see ya later" sort of conclusion to the conversation or rather, "we will be talking soon I'm sure"...?!?!

I can't imagine going through this process multiple times. It's just too much!!!

Edited by Frass80

I don't think a thank you note would be out of line. Just keep it short and acknowledge that it's an honor and then you look grateful without committing. 

Good idea...

Maxine - 

I see you got an interview at SUNY Purchase. When did they notify you? I haven't heard anything from them!

They contacted me on February 15th via email. I responded and said I couldn't interview for a while bc I was on vacation. I'm still waiting for them to get back in touch to schedule the phone interview.

People that applied to Carnegie Mellon:

Check your slide room and see what it says pleasseeee and tell me!  

They are reviewing apps today.  Mine went from "MFA 2013" to "Sort"  LOL!   Doesn't sound good, but I'm curious if anyone has something different on theirs.  I KNOW I'm not getting in there, but I want a rejection ASAP because I need to do things soon. I've never been so impatient to get rejected from something!  

I still haven't heard anything from OSU (drawing and painting) so I called this morning. They said they don't give decisions over the phone. He asked if I applied anywhere else, (just being friendly OR wanting to know if I had other options?) He said I should get a letter in the mail no later than the end of next week and to call if I had any questions. He was super nice and then said "talk to you soon" which set me in to confusion all over again!! Was it just a "see ya later" sort of conclusion to the conversation or rather, "we will be talking soon I'm sure"...?!?! I can't imagine going through this process multiple times. It's just too much!!!
their decisions have been made for awhile

Received an e-mail today for an interview with Hunter for painting

congratulations!  

I didn't get any email.  :(  waaaah      I hope they send rejects out soon, I hate waiting to find out.

I was wondering if anyone knew if no news from Rutgers (and a "no decision" online) equals wait list? Or maybe they just are slow in notifying everyone.

I'm nervous about their silence.

Anyone heard from UCSD and UCLA? I had to change my email AND phone  for security reasons a month ago and Im still trying to get both departments to change my email/phone on their file so I can log in and see whats up or they can call me. Its frustrating and im sure im frustrating them calling them all the time. Before people go WHAT WHY DID U CHANGE YOUR CONTACT INFO--- I truly wish I hadn't there wasn't a way around it

I was wondering if anyone knew if no news from Rutgers (and a "no decision" online) equals wait list? Or maybe they just are slow in notifying everyone.

im very confused by them... on this forum, many have been accepted, many have been rejected, and many have received no word (me included). im still ASSUMING they havent notified accepted 'painters', as none have come forward, but i believe there have been people within the new genres/installation/video category that have been notified of acceptance. havent seen anyone officially waitlisted in any distinction yet... 

Have any works on paper applicants heard from Hunter? And what is up with Risd printmaking - have I missed the boat, or are others still waiting on them too?

My friend who applied for Hunter's works on paper department received the interview email. I also applied through that dept and I confirmed by phone that I wasn't on their interview list.  I haven't heard any news regarding RISD printmaking. O_O

My friend who applied for Hunter's works on paper department received the interview email. I also applied through that dept and I confirmed by phone that I wasn't on their interview list.  I haven't heard any news regarding RISD printmaking. O_O
Ahh thanks. I guess another one bites the dust (meaning me). This is all too much. You have some great options though, congrats. Fingers crossed for Risd!

I see in your signature that you got an email request for an interview with RISD. What department did you apply for, if you dont mind me asking?

im very confused by them... on this forum, many have been accepted, many have been rejected, and many have received no word (me included). im still ASSUMING they havent notified accepted 'painters', as none have come forward, but i believe there have been people within the new genres/installation/video category that have been notified of acceptance. havent seen anyone officially waitlisted in any distinction yet... 

I was put on the waitlist at Rutgers last year and they didn't notify me of it until the end of March. I think they do not have a hard-set schedule for how and when they notify people. With them, I would say as long as you haven't been told you were rejected, you probably still have a shot.