MFA 2013 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ten-of-swords

YUP! Got the phone call about a week ago, was admitted into SAIC performance program. Not sure when I am going to hear about funding though, my decision to go there is contingent upon lots of funding. I got into a  lot of debt in my undergrad, don't want to it to be that way for my grad as well. :(

Congrats! I was admitted to SAIC Performance as well. I think we will hear about funding in early March as long as you filled out your fafsa.

So I just logged into my Columbia application, and saw that a decision was made. The link was on the bottom. It was a rejection. but then I realized it was from my application for last year. I really need to stop confusing myself. :P

Edited by Sseu

Hey friends, have any ceramic people heard anything from or about Ohio University or Syracuse yet?

hey -- i have not heard from syracuse yet =(

have any clay people heard back from notre dame, or vcu, or risd, or cranbrook or mass art or tyler?

thanks!

great news about those of you with interviews!

I got a call from University of North Texas this afternoon. They informed me I was one of five applicants selected. I politely declined, as I've already sent in my acceptance to Boulder. My biggest thought was that I'm so happy that my decline gave a second chance to someone who was wait-listed :).

Hi cat, when did you get the word from Boulder?  And did you apply for their painting program?  Congratulations by the way & great perspective :)

Bemis Applications are due tomorrow y'all!

www.bemiscenter.org/residency/

Unless you have an mfa, have done 'big things' or know someone important, you are just throwing 40 bucks away!!!

They are very selective on who they pick and some of the last residents were actually artists who have teaching jobs and big name schools.

Best to all who apply

Unless you have an mfa, have done 'big things' or know someone important, you are just throwing 40 bucks away!!!

They are very selective on who they pick and some of the last residents were actually artists who have teaching jobs and big name schools.

Best to all who apply

Yeah, it didn't always used to be this way, but I have noticed this too over the past few years. Better chances with Skowhegan. By the way, does anyone remember around when we should be hearing from Skowhegan?

Yeah, it didn't always used to be this way, but I have noticed this too over the past few years. Better chances with Skowhegan. By the way, does anyone remember around when we should be hearing from Skowhegan?

Digging around, I could not find any specific dates. Irritating. I seem to remember it was late March, or maybe even April? I think it came up when I finished the application on their website, but it wasn't in any of the confirmation emails. I'm not too optimistic about Skowhegan, I have friends that have applied 5+ times, and I've heard one's chances the first time around (as in my case) are slim. But worth a try. I'd die of happiness.

Looks like people are hearing from Columbia, but has anyone been asked specifically for Painting? Bengston?

Best to all who apply

i like to live on the wild side

Digging around, I could not find any specific dates. Irritating. I seem to remember it was late March, or maybe even April? I think it came up when I finished the application on their website, but it wasn't in any of the confirmation emails. I'm not too optimistic about Skowhegan, I have friends that have applied 5+ times, and I've heard one's chances the first time around (as in my case) are slim. But worth a try. I'd die of happiness.

Looks like people are hearing from Columbia, but has anyone been asked specifically for Painting? Bengston?

I actually applied to printmaking at Columbia and have not heard anything, and based on my Slideroom application I am assuming rejection.

Skowhegan is definitely still hard to get into, but I feel like the take people from a broader range of backgrounds. This will be my 3rd time applying, not overly optimistic, but I would like to think it would happen for me one day.

I actually applied to printmaking at Columbia and have not heard anything, and based on my Slideroom application I am assuming rejection.

Skowhegan is definitely still hard to get into, but I feel like the take people from a broader range of backgrounds. This will be my 3rd time applying, not overly optimistic, but I would like to think it would happen for me one day.

Yes, assuming rejection too. 

Skowhegan doesn't seem impossible. Just tough. Did you (or anyone else?) apply to the Vermont Studio Center? I live in Vermont, and have known a lot of people who've gotten in. Pretty good aid , plus "work-study"-ish opportunities available. Feb 15th deadline is past, but I'm sure there is another one coming up....

NURTUREart app is due tomorrow as well: 

http://nurtureart.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/opencallmaterials/Artist_AppliPack2013_14.pdf

HA. Round three for me as well, April 1st was when I got the rejection letter last year. 

Digging around, I could not find any specific dates. Irritating. I seem to remember it was late March, or maybe even April? I think it came up when I finished the application on their website, but it wasn't in any of the confirmation emails. I'm not too optimistic about Skowhegan, I have friends that have applied 5+ times, and I've heard one's chances the first time around (as in my case) are slim. But worth a try. I'd die of happiness.   Looks like people are hearing from Columbia, but has anyone been asked specifically for Painting? Bengston?
I was contacted by phone this past Sunday for an interview for painting at Columbia. Yesterday I received a more official email scheduling the times. They seem pretty free form too, didnt expect a call on the weekend from them. Hope that helps!

i like to live on the wild side

So... Take that forty bucks in cold hard cash, burn it and photograph and use that as your first slide. Title: I was going to apply to your residency but instead of giving you forty bucks for a minute of your time, I decided to spend my hard earned money in a more creative way.

So... Take that forty bucks in cold hard cash, burn it and photograph and use that as your first slide. Title: I was going to apply to your residency but instead of giving you forty bucks for a minute of your time, I decided to spend my hard earned money in a more creative way.

$40, give me a break:

K_Foundation_Burn_a_Million_Quid

http://youtu.be/o4uQtOQwLGE

Edited by bengston

Or just create a fake resume. I did this once and the establishment called one of my references, who was me, and asked if the applicant, me, would be a good fit to the residency program given the amount of outside commitments. I, as not myself, explained the applicant would be a tremendous benefit and would be foolish not to accept him.

Two days later, got a phone call to another phone line saying I was accepted. HA!

Didn't pursue because the place was a dump hole filled with clueless posers

This more directly pointed at their BS PROCESS for accepting applicants. Who cares about burning a million quid.

I don't understand this statement, the K Foundation burning a million quid points at the "BS PROCESS" of Bemis? The people you scammed? The Turner Prize? 

I think people deciding to burn a million pounds, all the money they had and more than most people can ever make is an interesting act, not something that can actually be taken as lightly as so many other acts of protest or political action. If only for the true difficulty that exists in making that choice and following through.

Edited by bengston

Didn't pursue because the place was a dump hole filled with clueless posers

You've GOT to be kidding.  either you are pretty funny at times, or are not very self-aware.

Edited by Emoree

My friend had a ba, rejected from all of her schools, didnt know anyone important and certainly didnt do "big things", but got into Bemis when she applied in 2010. Was an amazing experience. If you have the money to spend, it certainly isn't "throwing $40 away".

Edited by ArsenicYellow

Got a rejection letter from Tyler. It seems that physical letters are a bad thing as they seem to usually be rejections, while acceptances are done through phone or email. Anyways, with 2 rejections in my pocket and no official acceptances I'll be heavily motivated for my upcoming interview in about 2 hours.