MFA 2013 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ten-of-swords

hi -- some of you out there, have schools crossed off, did you already receive a letter not offering you a spot, or you've just decided not to go with an acceptance. Curious since I've applied and haven't heard anything yet from several schools, one being tyler and I just curious if they have notified everyone and since I haven't heard it probably because I'm not being offered a spot... Sorry this wait is driving me a bit nuts.

Hey,

Here's my updates for ceramic programs:

Alfred - rejected but mail

Ohio State - wait listed

Oregon University - interviewed. They emailed me last week to let me know I'm a finalist and they will be making their final choices this next week.

Tyler - interviewed last week.

VCU - nothing and as of what I've read, rejected.

Ohio University - nothing

University of Georgia - nothing

Hope this helps!!

Hey,

Here's my updates for ceramic programs:

Alfred - rejected but mail

Ohio State - wait listed

Oregon University - interviewed. They emailed me last week to let me know I'm a finalist and they will be making their final choices this next week.

Tyler - interviewed last week.

VCU - nothing and as of what I've read, rejected.

Ohio University - nothing

University of Georgia - nothing

Hope this helps!!

hey thanks!

It's so annoying guessing what's going on, on the other side of this application process...

But I found something interesting today... 

http://www.saci-florence.org

is a art program in florence, italy --- they have an mfa 2 year program, and post bach...and you can apply to go study for a semester or year if you want to be abroad to study art -- they have a wide variety of majors in art from ceramics to printmaking to photography - fresco painting - printmaking and drawing. I'm applying for an apprenticeship in ceramics. It seems like an interesting opportunity. There deadlines are mainly March 15th. But just another idea -- great experience to have abroad.  Just thought I'd share. 

Has anyone else applied to Herron (IUPUI)?  They said they would be sending out letters in mid-March, but I don't know if that was just for people they weren't going to accept, or if that was for everyone.

Does anyone know if SVA's Fine Art MFA program gives interviews? If so, has anyone heard back yet?

I got an email from SVA a few hours ago scheduling an interview. I applied for the MFA Design programme! Super stoked!

:D

Dunno about the Fine Art programme though.

A painter friend, who I assume applied as a painter, heard from UCLA this week. I crossed them off my mental list of hope-I-hears and shed a few tears. I'm not positive - but with such a small program I imagine that if he heard...

Thanks.  This was really helpful to hear.  I super appreciate it.  Sux but so good to know that it almost makes up.  :)  

Good luck with your other schools!

My friend got an email for an interview with RISD's painting program yesterday

Thanks, good to know.... I wonder if printmaking has sent out interview emails yet. What program did you apply to at RISD?

Accepted for MFA painting at VCU for the fall. Full tuition paid, plus $10,000 stipend and teaching assistantship.

Just had my interview on the 18th, couldn't believe the quick turnaround!

Hurray! Anyone else? Still awaiting interviews at Tyler and Cornell, and haven't heard a peep out of Columbia. Glad to know I will be going somewhere!!!!!