MFA 2013 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ten-of-swords

https://admissionservices.rutgers.edu/graduate/programStatusLogon.app - this page lets you check your application status for Rutgers, just fyi for you guys.

Just so you know, I don't think that they are updating the application statuses in real time... I got the call from Stephen Westfall informing me of my acceptance last week, and I just checked, my online application status still says "no decision." Oy vey!

They asked the typical questions (tell us a little about your work, where do you place it in art history, where in contemporary painting, what is the role of painting in contemp culture, etc...), plus "what 3 people (living or dead) do you invite to dinner, what do you serve?" ha!

Haha, holy cow, so who did you invite?!^^ Man, I hope I don't get asked any questions like this if I actually get an interview. I've been thinking about this question since you posted it, and I'm still debating on whether or not I would invite Max Ernst, Lenore Carrington, and Dorothea Tanning over for drinks and surrealist parlor games, or over a humble meal discuss the state of our country with Kurt Vonnegut, Karl Marx, and Howard Zinn.

CNBC posted an article last month, "25 of the Most Outrageous Interview Questions," with regard to job interviews however, but my favorite one was, "A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?" Tee hee.

And congrats btw gweaver on your VCU acceptance, how exciting!

Got accepted into the University of Illinois at Chicago / Basel School of Design today! :D

My first official college acceptance letter :D

Accepted to Purdue! with tuition waiver, TA and stipend. 

Why isn't Purdue mentioned in the forum? a program with full funding, no interviews.

Congrats to you both!

Applied to:

SAIC - accepted via telephone 2/03

SFAI - interview via skype 2/24 (yesterday)

Concordia - nothing yet

Has anyone applied and heard anything at all from Concordia? Also, has anyone been officially accepted to SFAI yet?

Was notified today by phone that I have made it to Columbia's interview round. Was also notified today through mail that I was not accepted to university iowa. Hope you all are starting to hear as well!

awesome.

they have a fantastic printmaking program.  Nicola Lopez went there.... she's one of my fav. artists.

What is taking these other programs so long?!?! This process is as redundant as the crits the first time I was in grad school. Now I remember why I left in the first place... These people don't have their shit together!

Was notified today by phone that I have made it to Columbia's interview round. Was also notified today through mail that I was not accepted to university iowa. Hope you all are starting to hear as well!

Congrats!!! 

Just checked my status on Iowa's ISIS system: I think it changed from what it was previously, and it seems to indicate that they reached a decision. I'm going to withhold my assumptions until they contact me with information though, considering how unreliable the online systems are as a source of admissions info.

Does your status on their website reflect your rejection?

I have not heard from them regarding a decision and their website does not reflect one for me either....

yeap, i went into my account and there was a link at the bottom of the page that led me to a rejection letter.

seems unusual that you wouldn't have those options now. did you check ur spam box?

I got an email today, saying that SACI will be looking for an artist for me to work with as an apprentice for a month in Florence. I'm pretty excited and it might also count towards my M.A. that I'm finishing up this summer. Some good news is always good. I haven't heard back from other schools though...this wait. Ughs. Happy to hear some of you have acceptances with funds included. 

yeap, i went into my account and there was a link at the bottom of the page that led me to a rejection letter.

seems unusual that you wouldn't have those options now. did you check ur spam box?

Yes, and I just rechecked my status online- only reflects that it was submitted, not that a decision has been made... I was under the impression that the program would review all applicants at once because of it's program structure... they probably update the website in rounds, and I should be expecting that rejection soon :( I got really excited a few weeks ago when they contacted me asking about a reference too. 

Good luck at your UPenn interview, it is a really good program.

I am obviously comfortable being the jerk who harasses the poor administrative staff at every place I applied...

I dont know if this has been posted, but SURPRISE! UCLA is sending out Mid-March.

I forgot to ask if by mail or email, I would put my money on mail mail.

So basically that is non-information and why I forgot to post it with the USC info and I apologize if that is redundant. 

I'm going to start buying booze for a drinking game called "mid-march". The game is: you drink when its "mid-march".

I am assuming you contacted USC to find out that they would be interviewing early March, if so, did they say when or how they would contact people to let them know about the interview? I am guessing that mid-March for UCLA is for rejection letters? I can't remember if someone on this forum has been contacted yet for an interview there, but the last couple years interviews took place late  Feb. I think. Add me to the wagon for the Now to Mid-March drinking game ;)

Yes, and I just rechecked my status online- only reflects that it was submitted, not that a decision has been made... I was under the impression that the program would review all applicants at once because of it's program structure... they probably update the website in rounds, and I should be expecting that rejection soon :( I got really excited a few weeks ago when they contacted me asking about a reference too. 

Good luck at your UPenn interview, it is a really good program.

hey, congrats on your acceptance to rutgers btw. i was torn between rutgers and notre dame.

i had a hunch northwestern didn't fit my body of work, and i needed one more school in the midwest, just in case.

i think ur work is great and nw is nuts if they turn you down.

Good luck as well! look forward to hearing more good news from you soon!

Hi!

I haven't received any news about interviews, but I read on here some "typical questions" someone has answered in an interview, and I was not expecting some of those questions! (As in which dead people you would take to dinner?) Has anyone been interviewed already, and would like to let me know what sorts of questions they were asked?

Thanks!

I had an interview at SFAI a few days ago. They asked me some standard questions..."Can you give me a brief overview of your work?""What got you interested in making this type of work?""Why do you think (performance) is the best way to illustrate your thoughts?" They may ask you about influences as well...they didn't for my SFAI interview but that's a pretty typical question. Also, they WILL ask you why you want to go to that school in particular. Make sure you have a really good answer for that question! 

GOOD LUCK!