MFA 2013 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ten-of-swords

Urgh, no news from me. I'm assuming rejection for everything at this point.

No one has heard back from Rutgers painting yet, or so it seems.

who here has heard from the graphic design dept at VCU or CCA?? i emailed both of them to check on my status (i'm assuming rejection since it's so late) and they both basically said that they are still processing my application. anybody else get better news??

Edited by kekbatter

Hey Bengston I dig your work, I got rejected from Bard and Rutgers too, Stephen Westfall is the main guy at both I think, guess he wasn't feeling our work.  I'm in BK too, we should link up, I'm curating a show in wburg next weekend that I think you'd be into.  Anyone hear from Hunter or Columbia or VCU?

Tyler-Interview

Yale-Interview

MICA mt royal-interview

MICA hoffberger-interview

massart low res - interview

NYU rhinehardt- interview

Columbia- don't know yet

Hunter- don't know yet

VCU- don't know yet

ok, with Rutgers, UCLA and UCI all interviewing/admitting this is officially my least favorite day of waiting! c'mon!!!

Hi hoping for the best! I am interviewing with cornell on tuesday and was hoping to get the inside scoop from you. Also, I'll be interviewing with RISD on Monday March 4th and 4:30 pm for painting. Anyone already been for those interviews yet?

I hear a few people with rejections from Rutgers but is there anyone with an acceptance yet? My application also says no decision at this point and I am quite anxious as I like their program a lot. I also have yet to hear anything from Boston University. Is there anyone with word from them?

Hi everyone!

I can't believe how close everything is coming - interviews, decisions, rejections, etc. It's been quite an obsessive roller coaster ride. I'm interested to find out if anyone knows how many people Cornell is interviewing. Also, I'm going to be speaking to a friend who went to RISD to get the inside scoop on the interview process there and will post what she told me. I've updated my list of schools to show what I've heard back so far - got 3 rejections and 6 interviews (I went a little overboard on applying to schools!)

Something that I've been preparing for interviews at my schools is looking at all the grad faculty work, keeping a list of what it looks like and then I project how it relates to my work. I'm going to use this info as an answer for when they ask why I am interested in their program. 

This forum has been so helpful. Thank you to everyone who's been posting and contributing :)

The interview invitations for New Genres at Columbia have been sent out... Does anybody know if they send out rejection letters or one should just assume they're not in if they don't get the interview invitation? I'm out of hope by now...  :mellow:

Hi everyone!

I can't believe how close everything is coming - interviews, decisions, rejections, etc. It's been quite an obsessive roller coaster ride. I'm interested to find out if anyone knows how many people Cornell is interviewing. Also, I'm going to be speaking to a friend who went to RISD to get the inside scoop on the interview process there and will post what she told me. I've updated my list of schools to show what I've heard back so far - got 3 rejections and 6 interviews (I went a little overboard on applying to schools!)

Something that I've been preparing for interviews at my schools is looking at all the grad faculty work, keeping a list of what it looks like and then I project how it relates to my work. I'm going to use this info as an answer for when they ask why I am interested in their program. 

This forum has been so helpful. Thank you to everyone who's been posting and contributing :)

wow that's a lot of interviews!  I hope they are not all in-person interviews?  good luck.  :)

Hi everyone,

I have been stalking the forum for awhile so thought I would join in the commiserating/celebrating. This process truly is torturous. I got an interview request from PennDesign and within the same week got accepted to LSU with their complete assistantship package. I was pretty stoked! I am still very excited and will visit the campus soon. I had my interview at PennDesign and I thought it went extremely well but now haven't heard a peep from them. It seems some of their accepted applicants have been called, so I assume rejection at this point. 

I got my rejection from Rutgers today and Tyler last week. Rutgers was via email and Tyler via the website followed by snail mail.

I haven't heard a peep from the other schools yet and I'm driving myself nuts. 

Trying to focus on LSU, which I am very happy about! This process does suck the life out of you though, slightly. : )

Best of luck to everyone!

Urgh, no news from me. I'm assuming rejection for everything at this point.

I feel ya...I have heard absolutely nothing from any of my schools!  PATIENCE IS FAILING!

Hi everyone,

I have been stalking the forum for awhile so thought I would join in the commiserating/celebrating. This process truly is torturous. I got an interview request from PennDesign and within the same week got accepted to LSU with their complete assistantship package. I was pretty stoked! I am still very excited and will visit the campus soon. I had my interview at PennDesign and I thought it went extremely well but now haven't heard a peep from them. It seems some of their accepted applicants have been called, so I assume rejection at this point. 

I got my rejection from Rutgers today and Tyler last week. Rutgers was via email and Tyler via the website followed by snail mail.

I haven't heard a peep from the other schools yet and I'm driving myself nuts. 

Trying to focus on LSU, which I am very happy about! This process does suck the life out of you though, slightly. : )

Best of luck to everyone!

Congratulations on LSU! :-D 

What program did you apply to?

Yeah, just checked my online application with Tyler and see that I have been denied. Still no letter from them.  Not too sad since I have my UNC acceptance, this program seems headed in the right direction and the students are actually putting out high quality work (recent Joan Mitchell and Dedalus recipients). Don't know about financials from them yet. Anyone else apply to UNC this year? With that said, the sting of rejection is still fierce.

Hope good news is headed everyone's way soon. This is a trying process.

I feel ya...I have heard absolutely nothing from any of my schools!  PATIENCE IS FAILING!

have you called IUB to see if they've made their decisions yet?  i assume you applied to their painting program?  their grad coordinator is very helpful and could give you an idea of when/if decisions have been made

have you called IUB to see if they've made their decisions yet?  i assume you applied to their painting program?  their grad coordinator is very helpful and could give you an idea of when/if decisions have been made

She really is the best - I spent a lot of time on the phone with her last year :P    

Good luck to you, Emoree, I hope you get in!!!

She really is the best - I spent a lot of time on the phone with her last year :P    

Good luck to you, Emoree, I hope you get in!!!

Good luck to you, too!! 

Since it's finally March 1st maybe we'll start hearing from these slower schools...  So hard to wait!

Hey Y'all -- When you get an email acceptance from a school, do you reply to say "thanks" or to acknowledge receipt of email, even if you're not quite ready to commit?  Or do you wait to be in contact until you make your final choice?

[Just accepted to Southern Ill Univ @ Carbondale, full ride + stipend!]