MFA 2013 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ten-of-swords

congrats to you too! what medium?

no they just said that they would forward their decision to graduate admission and that I would get an official letter in the mail and scholarship info later on. didn't give a timeline though..

Drawing/Painting!

Okay, I'll keep my fingers crossed for that snail mail coming sometime this week. I'm so done with this waiting shit.

Sadly not...no money. But hoping to get in there!!!

Aw. I work full time and can't afford the time off to travel, going east to west coast for me. I wanted someone to tell me all about it  :P 

I have some friends who applied but hadn't heard anything back yet from Oregon, so I am assuming that means we are in a good position for acceptance. Not so good for my buddies though  :(

just got an email about phone interview from VCU! eeeeeek. so nervous. I have mild phone phobia.. plus I'm terrible at interviews. ugh.. any advice?

Just wondering, when you check the status of your online application, is there any marker in the "status" box towards the bottom of the page where the materials are listed? Thanks and congratulations! 

Hi Everyone,

I got accepted to Rutgers yesterday via phone, now just waiting for Columbia and Hunter!

Congrats! Looking through last years thread it seems like people get accepted over a period of a couple of weeks, so hopefully other people will be hearing good news over the next few days.

Edited by bengston

Just wondering, when you check the status of your online application, is there any marker in the "status" box towards the bottom of the page where the materials are listed? Thanks and congratulations! 

no, there's nothing in the status column. my application also says incomplete items outstanding but I think that's because I'm an international and the system is asking for a toefl score even though I got a waiver..

no, there's nothing in the status column. my application also says incomplete items outstanding but I think that's because I'm an international and the system is asking for a toefl score even though I got a waiver..

Thanks for the info! Good luck with your interview. A friend of mine who interviewed last year (and was accepted) said that it was really helpful to say she was nervous out loud, then her interviewer made a joke about it and she said after that the conversation felt very natural. Not sure if that helps...

Mine says the same thing even though all of my materials have been sent to VCU. I think their application system isn't completely up-to-date.

I haven't heard from VCU yet, so I'm worried!  :unsure:

Mine says the same thing even though all of my materials have been sent to VCU. I think their application system isn't completely up-to-date.

I haven't heard from VCU yet, so I'm worried!  :unsure:

Yeah, I called the main graduate school just to make sure they got my transcripts, they confirmed it but said that they were delayed in processing them. Also called vcuarts last week and they confirmed that they had received everything even though it still says incomplete items outstanding, so I wouldn't worry - they said that it was taking a while and that it wouldn't read complete until they looked over all materials. 

Edited by houndstooth

Good afternoon!

I am a first year graduate student at Rutgers and recall this website being heaven (AND HELL) for me this time last year. If any of you are applying there and have any questions about the program, please feel free to contact me via e-mail:

leahmguadagnoli@gmail.com

Good luck!

Good afternoon!

I am a first year graduate student at Rutgers and recall this website being heaven (AND HELL) for me this time last year. If any of you are applying there and have any questions about the program, please feel free to contact me via e-mail:

leahmguadagnoli@gmail.com

Good luck!

I really like your new Time Machine paintings.

Yeah, I called the main graduate school just to make sure they got my transcripts, they confirmed it but said that they were delayed in processing them. Also called vcuarts last week and they confirmed that they had received everything even though it still says incomplete items outstanding, so I wouldn't worry - they said that it was taking a while and that it wouldn't read complete until they looked over all materials. 

Good to know! Thanks!!!

Thanks for the info! Good luck with your interview. A friend of mine who interviewed last year (and was accepted) said that it was really helpful to say she was nervous out loud, then her interviewer made a joke about it and she said after that the conversation felt very natural. Not sure if that helps...

I agree! saying it does make you feel better. 

Hi Everyone,

I got accepted to Rutgers yesterday via phone, now just waiting for Columbia and Hunter!

Same here with Rutgers. Didn't apply to the others but 2/2 so far for acceptance. Waiting for the others. Can't wait to kick some ass!!!!

Hello all, I was hoping someone could offer some insight into my situation. SAIC has denied me acceptance into their MFA program, yet are asking me to apply to their post bacc in studio program. Meanwhile I've already been interviewed by the Hoffberger School of Painting at MICA and am scheduled for another interview by Mount Royal School of Art at MICA. The Associate Director of Graduate Admission's whom I met during the first interview has informed me that "Congratulations on that--it is relatively rare for candidates to be selected as finalists for both programs." Obviously I have to wait to hear back from the other five schools before making a decision. My question is, how much should I be considering SAIC's post bacc program? 

Sorry to hear that :( Good luck to you!!

Welp, I was rejected from the one and only school I applied to: UC DAVIS

This will be my final post.

Good luck to everyone and God bless your future in art.

Sorry to hear about that, good luck!  Have you thought of applying for residencies for the upcoming year?  Bemis is accepting applications until February 28th