MFA 2013 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ten-of-swords

thanks guys. i talked to the visual arts office. to anyone as air-headed as me in regards to rutgers: late transcripts will not effect the graduate faculty's viewing of your application, but a decision can not be made until after they are received. 

GD RIGHT

Hi guys! I got an email this morning from Cranbrook. Interview in mid-March!! I'm also interviewing with CalArts in March. My other schools are:

Yale: rejected 2/1

CCA
VCU

RCA

Werkplaats Typographie (Amsterdam)

Rietveld Academie (Amsterdam)

Who else heard from Cranbrook??

So Cornell contacted me to interview....I'm trying to figure out what the odds are? Does anyone have an idea of how many people they interview for how many spots? (I'm applying as a painter) 

Nice to get some news...it was feeling awfully quiet! 

Hey hey! I got the email for RISD interview! :D

I had actually received it about 9 hours ago but my blackberry decided to act up this morning and I didn't check my mail online till right now!

I had no idea I had this awesome bit of news waiting for me in my inbox!

Aaah wish me luck guys!

if I understand correctly from what I read on the FAFSA official website, us citizens, green card holders, refugees, ect...

i mean, it is a federal student aid after all... 

Yeah when I checked FASFA out the first thing it asks for is a social security number so yeah. Figured as much.

International students do not apply for fafsa. I'm pretty sure it's only for US citizens and US permanent residents. If the school has a separate financial aid section for international students, then you should apply and may be eligible to receive some aid. Otherwise, schools (such as RISD) may offer merit based scholarships to international students. 

Damn. Hope I get a merit based one for RISD then. It's currently my #1 choice!

new member here.

has anyone heard from VCU or Hunter? 

good luck to everyone!

Last year, Hunter seemed to send out mass rejects around March 2 or 3rd.  A lot of people had calls for interviews about 1-2 weeks before that.  So, if they are doing things the same the year, hopefully we will find something out in the next couple weeks.

Okay, so who knows what kind of questions RISD asks during the interview? Does anyone have any tips?

I would assume they would always ask general questions like why grad school, why now, why risd. just do some research online, and if you were a professor interviewing future grad students, what would you ask them?

GOOD LUCK!!!

ok, for people that applied to Hunter, I just found two little bits of info.   Apparently they had a MFA admissions committee meeting on Feb. 6 and their Calendar says "MFA Admissions Phone Interviews" on March 13.  

Does that mean they only do phone interviews?  I didn't see anything else on the calendar for MFA admissions.  

I sincerely hope all are well.

Anyone with word from Pratt?

Nope! Just an email on the 14th of Feb saying that they've received all my application documents and are reviewing applicants and will make their decision by mid-to late March, and let us know by the 1st of April!