MFA 2013 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ten-of-swords

Snail mail letter today from Indiana Bloomington saying i'm an alternate for their printmaking program.  i'm SO glad to NOT have been rejected outright, but being at the mercy of whoever was accepted and may dawdle and twiddle their thumbs for a few weeks or months or whatever before deciding where they're going to accept isn't fun.  I'm going to call on Monday and ask how their wait list works, if it's just a pool based on who accepts (and they re-review everyone on the waitlist to see the best fit), or if they've sequenced everyone, etc. 

Also, Herron printmaking said they will be sending out their decisions mid-March via snail mail but perhaps I will call them as well on Monday and ask how things are going and how their waitlist works.  I figure if i can get waitlisted at Bloomington then perhaps i am safe from being rejected outright at Herron, but who knows-- of course it all depends on the other people who applied. 

it would totally blow to be waitlisted at both schools and get into neither, especially since i don't think i will be applying again.  i'm getting to an age where i need to get on with my life, set up my own studio, and just do it with or without an MFA.

?????!????!????

Is that your own work you have been posting?

The first image is the second death star from Star Wars.  (so unless she is like 50 years old, probably not hers)  The second one is by "Free Humanity" who is a man, so probably not. 

FYI, if you are going to post someone else's work, you should give them credit for it.

The first image is the second death star from Star Wars.  (so unless she is like 50 years old, probably not hers)  The second one is by "Free Humanity" who is a man, so probably not. 

FYI, if you are going to post someone else's work, you should give them credit for it.

Glad someone else knows "Free"... He is great and a good friend. 

Because what he uses a pseudonym, not his real name, it would imply that the work is more about the IDEA then the creator himself.  

So yes, the second image is by Free Humanity 

AND WE ALL KNOW THE DEATHSTAR. AHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHA

Like Free, planting seeds of inspiration for all you lurkers who are waiting for table scraps like a little puppy. Everyone gets some, but not all at the same time!!!

UNO

I applied to Notre Dame.  I haven't heard anything yet, which doesn't concern me very much, as I know it is still early.  I wish I could find out more about the program though, like how many people they usually accept.  Ahhh, so nervous!

Glad someone else knows "Free"... He is great and a good friend. 

Because what he uses a pseudonym, not his real name, it would imply that the work is more about the IDEA then the creator himself.  

So yes, the second image is by Free Humanity 

AND WE ALL KNOW THE DEATHSTAR. AHHHHHHH HAHAHAHAHA

Like Free, planting seeds of inspiration for all you lurkers who are waiting for table scraps like a little puppy. Everyone gets some, but not all at the same time!!!

UNO

Ok.   Actually, I didn't know the death star until i looked it up. 

Also, if "free" isn't so concerned about posting his stuff, then why does his site say, "© All Rights Reserved" ?

I never heard of him either, until I looked him up.  I don't like his work though, esp. the ones of Obama.  hope he keeps that out the east. 

Snail mail letter today from Indiana Bloomington saying i'm an alternate for their printmaking program.  i'm SO glad to NOT have been rejected outright, but being at the mercy of whoever was accepted and may dawdle and twiddle their thumbs for a few weeks or months or whatever before deciding where they're going to accept isn't fun.  I'm going to call on Monday and ask how their wait list works, if it's just a pool based on who accepts (and they re-review everyone on the waitlist to see the best fit), or if they've sequenced everyone, etc. 

Also, Herron printmaking said they will be sending out their decisions mid-March via snail mail but perhaps I will call them as well on Monday and ask how things are going and how their waitlist works.  I figure if i can get waitlisted at Bloomington then perhaps i am safe from being rejected outright at Herron, but who knows-- of course it all depends on the other people who applied. 

it would totally blow to be waitlisted at both schools and get into neither, especially since i don't think i will be applying again.  i'm getting to an age where i need to get on with my life, set up my own studio, and just do it with or without an MFA.

Hey Emoree,

I'm in the same boat with Indiana-Bloomington's MFA painting program. I emailed them Wednesday to ask them if they could tell me how lengthily the wait list was, and what my position was on it. Brandie Robert's the Graduate Services Coordinator responded:

"That question is tricky as faculty do not necessarily go down a list in numerical order. They will make determinations based on many factors and then pass that information along to me as soon as they have come to a decision. I do know that they would like to let people know either way as soon as they are able, so watch for upcoming notifications."

The printmaking program's process is probably similar. Good luck!

WEST COAST - FUN, HUMOR & EXCITEMENT 

EAST COAST - DEPRESSED, BORING & TOOOOOOOO F'IN SERIOUS ABOUT EVERYTHING!!!

OBAMA IS A PUPPET.... did any of you actual hear is recent blah blah blah of the UNION. That dick could give a shit less about anyone.

SAME BS.

SAME STORY LINE. 

SAME MIDDLE CLASS BLAH

SAME TAXES

SAME REFORM

SAME LETS EXPAND TO MORE GOVERNMENT. HELLO, THEY ARENT EVEN IN CONTROL. ITS THE .0000001333 % THAT ARE IN CONTROL. 

WEST COAST - FUN, HUMOR & EXCITEMENT 

EAST COAST - DEPRESSED, BORING & TOOOOOOOO F'IN SERIOUS ABOUT EVERYTHING!!!

OBAMA IS A PUPPET.... did any of you actual hear is recent blah blah blah of the UNION. That dick could give a shit less about anyone.

SAME BS.

SAME STORY LINE. 

SAME MIDDLE CLASS BLAH

SAME TAXES

SAME REFORM

SAME LETS EXPAND TO MORE GOVERNMENT. HELLO, THEY ARENT EVEN IN CONTROL. ITS THE .0000001333 % THAT ARE IN CONTROL. 

I bet you make happy art. (:

well, the top part of that pic is true.  the ndaa was a piece of shit that most people didn't even pay attention to because they were "so worried" about the interweb (ie, SOPA).

Edited by Emoree

okay, first rejection from SAIC painting this afternoon, via mail

:( I feel your pain. I just received my first rejection as well from East Carolina University. It was actually my last choice, but it still stings. Ah, at least I got that out of the way. Now it's time to go to the bar.

Good luck everyone, hopefully we'll start receiving some good news soon!

:( I feel your pain. I just received my first rejection as well from East Carolina University. It was actually my last choice, but it still stings. Ah, at least I got that out of the way. Now it's time to go to the bar.

Good luck everyone, hopefully we'll start receiving some good news soon!

thank you~ 

good luck to you as well!

well, the top part of that pic is true.  the ndaa was a piece of shit that most people didn't even pay attention to because they were "so worried" about the interweb (ie, SOPA).

One distraction after another...

One staged shooting after another...

When is the American Public going to WAKE UP

INTERNET is all we have left...