MFA 2013 All Art ADMISSIONS freak-out forum!!!!!!!!

ten-of-swords

I heard back from IUB printmaking mid-Feb.  You should try calling their grad. coordinator if you haven't already, she was very helpful when i called.  she should be able to give you an idea of when decisions are going out or if you somehow missed yours.

Yeah, I heard they got ahold of printmaking and painting (just saw on here it was waitlisting) in Mid-Feb, but not sure about Digital Art. 

Edited by nirvana4me2

Someone I know called University of Washington, Seattle , and  she seemed to be told results would not be given till the end of march, possibly early April. I was very surprised by this.

Anyone heard anything from Parsons and SVA?! (Painting) I just received an email from Parsons said they will mail the first round of decisions by March 15th. 

Someone I know called University of Washington, Seattle , and  she seemed to be told results would not be given till the end of march, possibly early April. I was very surprised by this.

I don't know why some schools wait so long....it seems like it's in their best interest to notify people as soon as they can in order to stay competitive with other programs.

I don't know why some schools wait so long....it seems like it's in their best interest to notify people as soon as they can in order to stay competitive with other programs.

It's my last art application I need to hear back from before I throw my hat into my one waitlisted option. Being until the end of March sounds just unacceptably late since final decisions are April 15th. 

just called cca. said they'll be sending notifications to interviewees mid-march. 

and tyler will be sending the same more towards the end of march. 

argh!!!!

woodworked, did you interview for painting at cca?

Syracuse and Claremont were Feb 1st application deadlines. Has anyone heard back from either of them for painting or sculpture? There's no way to check status so I'm curious as to when they accept. 

I had checked my application for syracuse through the online application but all it says is ready for review. Sorry that's not much help..

Just curious how many of you are applying to MFA programs shortly after BFA/BA programs or if most took off time and are applying a 1-3 year after? Thanks! 

I took way more than 1-3 years to decide to apply to MFA programs. I'm sure momentum is good for some, but for me I needed to be sure / know why I'm going. All the life experience in between, I think, has been to my benefit.

Same here.  I got my BFA in 2002!  I've been developing my art practice slowly but steadily ever since and have really hit my stride in the past few years.  Some people really are "ready" right out of undergrad- I sure wasn't but am really confident about everything today :)

4th year BFA student, Emily Carr University, Vancouver, Canada

Painting Portfolio 

Illustration Portfolio

CCA (interviewed early Feb, accepted by phone March 8th)

SFAI (interviewed late Feb, accepted by mail March 7th)

VCU

MICA

USC

SAIC (rejected by snail mail, early March)

UCSD (rejected by email, early March)

CalArts (rejected by email, early March)

Edited by mrkojit