PhD applications for 2013-2014 chit chat...

11Q13

Do you have any idea when Duquesne's committee is meeting or when they usually start sending out responses? There's isn't much info in the results search on grad cafe, which is why I'm asking.

hi unfortunately i think it's later like mid march which kind of stinks.  he applied three years ago and quite a bit has changed since then.  sorry i can't be more help.

Word on the street is that Marquette will be sending out offers this week, at least for their top candidates. 

Does anyone know what is up with Baylor? I interviewed and haven't heard anything yet. I am not feeling great about it since there's been at least one acceptance in theology posted (and a few postings without subfields). 

Does anyone have an update/acceptance for University of Toronto's Religions of Mediterranean Antiquity program? I'm still waiting to hear back. Thanks
I e-mailed the graduate administrator and was told that the first round of offers will be released by March 1. That is this Friday!

I got my rejection from Dayton in the mail today. I'm pretty devestated because I thought it was my best chance of getting in somewhere.

hang in there.  duquesne will contact folks in mid march so you have time.  it's not over until it's over.

How did the Notre Dame interview weekends go?  Anyone? ! :)

I had a good time, but it made me realize how slim my chances actually are. There are, I believe, twelve people for four spots, which is already bad odds. But, three are internal applicants, who typically do very well in getting into the PhD. So it feels more like one or two people for nine spots, which is even worse odds. I'm sure there were at least that many with stronger profiles than me. 

hang in there.  duquesne will contact folks in mid march so you have time.  it's not over until it's over.
Shit. I'm sorry, comrade.
:(    I'm sorry, man. Best wishes for the rest of your apps.
Thanks all for the encouragement and condolences. It's just hard because I visited Dayton in the fall and it went great and I thought I had good vibes from the faculty members I visited with. I guess I still have some hope at remaining schools and there's always next year.

It's been eerily quiet on here the last few days. I'm still waiting to hear back from Marquette and SMU who are both, it appears, sending out offers rather late this year. Who else is still waiting to hear? Anyone made their decisions yet?

It's been eerily quiet on here the last few days. I'm still waiting to hear back from Marquette and SMU who are both, it appears, sending out offers rather late this year.Who else is still waiting to hear? Anyone made their decisions yet?

The calm before the storm. Watch out! When Hurricane Rejection hits she will leave piles of dejected hopefuls in her trail.

I am also still waiting to hear from schools. Do most schools let you know if they place you on their wait list? Or am I supposed to inquire myself to get that info?