PhD in Public Health

erzsi83

I'm still waiting. Part of me is starting to hope I have a year between my MPH and PhD ... my thesis study (original research) got close to 900 respondents (!!!) and it's looking like I'll have at least 4 papers to write/hopefully publish before next application cycle, so maybe waiting a year isn't the kiss of death I thought it might be?

On the other hand, the *most amazing* house just went on the market in our price range and letting it go if I don't get in this year will be really tough! :(

I'm waiting to hear from 2 wait lists really hoping at least one of them works out. I don't think I have it in me to go through the application process again..but its looking like I wont get real news until or after April 15th

My wait list says they might not notify me until July 1. I have no idea how I'd pull that off, so I hope April 15 ends up being definitive. Keep us posted -- what two schools are you still waiting on? I hope you get in!

My wait list says they might not notify me until July 1. I have no idea how I'd pull that off, so I hope April 15 ends up being definitive. Keep us posted -- what two schools are you still waiting on? I hope you get in!

Hang in there, MammaD!

I realized today that I'm too exhausted to worry anymore. This thesis has me almost forgetting I even applied to a program. People ask me about whether I've heard and I'm like "huh? Oh, yeah, that ... "

Hi guys,

I have applied to some PhD programs for Fall 2013. 

I am asking you to know in detail about some programs/schools and any news.

1. anyone hear any news from OSU(Ohio), Boston U (health services research), Minnesota (health policy and management - deadline: 3/15)?

I am still awaiting the decisions of these schools, but it takes so long time..

2. anyone else know something about the PhD program (policy and management) at U of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (such as funding info., study climate,  prelim attrition rate, program reputation, or whatever...) I had an admission offer from this school, but I have no sufficient information on there and I still cannot hear additional info from them so far. Let me provide info you know, or advice for me.

Actually my background is not related to pulbic health but I have tried a kind of transition in PhD major. So, info on schools/programs still lacks although I have been searching for them. Your sharing info or advices would be very helpful. Thanks!

Hi wnsladmsgP, I'm not familiar with most of the program that you've listed, but I heard back from the health management program at Minneapolis on January 31st...

Thanks jordanhina! I hope some of those schools will give me any news within this week..

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my rejection letter tonight. I'm looking forward to the year to rest and figure out what to do next. Thanks to all for your support this season and good luck to everyone!

Finally got my rejection letter tonight. I'm looking forward to the year to rest and figure out what to do next. Thanks to all for your support this season and good luck to everyone!

Hugs, MammaD. I know how upsetting that is - I was rejected across the board a few years ago. Afterwards, I found out that most of the people I know with doctorates were also rejected during their first round of applications. Definitely take a year (or more...) and regroup. I waited two years before applying again, and was able to get a few more publications through and worked on a few successfully funded grant applications - that experience definitely strengthed my application the second time around.

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone, I hope everyone is happily settled at their dream school. But for those who didn't attend PhD this year and plan to apply again, I was wondering have started the process yet. Do you start contacting POIs now?

I am currently doing a one year MPH and totally swamped with classes , so the stress of another application cycle is the last thing I need, but what can you do? and I certainly can't believe it is all starting again. I will be applying to mostly Epi PhD programs if it makes any difference.

• 4 months later...