PhD in Public Health

erzsi83

Anybody having heard back from U Southern California's Health Behavior PhD admission? I saw some rejection posts here.. but no acceptance notifications? 

Still waiting to hear from this program as well...

Thanks acdelco I'm still hopeful to get off the wait list. Sorry to hear about rejections :( anyone heard from Columbia SMS DrPH?

Haven't heard a peep from the DrPH program, I saw the PhD program made some decisions--has anyone heard from Columbia's SMS DrPH?

For anyone who applied to JHSPH PhD in Environmental Health, I got my decision on the website today. No email notification, but it's a rejection so maybe that's not surprising!

Haha. I got rejected too, also without email notification. Oh well. It's nice to know I'm in distinguished company!!

Haven't heard a peep from the DrPH program, I saw the PhD program made some decisions--has anyone heard from Columbia's SMS DrPH?

Seems to be the same trend with Epi - some PhD decisions went out today but no word on Epi DrPH.

Haha. I got rejected too, also without email notification. Oh well. It's nice to know I'm in distinguished company!!

Screw 'em! :P Out of curiosity, did you apply to any engineering programs? I ask because of EHE. :) I was an engineer in undergrad, so I applied to MIT Engineering Systems Division. They do a lot of really cool work at the engineering/health interface!

Has anyone heard back from the PhD program in EPI at Mailman (or know when they will be sending out results)?  I had an interview about 3 weeks ago and was under the assumption that we would hear back by March 1st

congrats! i got the same, perhaps i'll bump into you at the program. (depending on funding/other possibilities)

Screw 'em! :P Out of curiosity, did you apply to any engineering programs? I ask because of EHE. :) I was an engineer in undergrad, so I applied to MIT Engineering Systems Division. They do a lot of really cool work at the engineering/health interface!

I wanted to really make sure that my studies were in a school of public health, since I most liked the interdisciplinary aspect of those schools. I realize that some of my interests could be met at some cool and super awesome engineering program, but I chose not to. So program-wise, it was only Hopkins's EHE and UNC's ESE that I applied with with engineering in their name. Mad respect for engineers though :D

I got wait-listed at University of Chicago a few weeks ago and now got invited for a Skype interview tomorrow.  Is this cause for hope?  Or just more filtering?  One thing is odd, I am interviewing with two faculty and one was the gentleman whom my first phone interview was with.  Is this typical?

Thanks!  And good luck to all still waiting to hear...I hope we all get good news!

Is anybody still waiting on anything at this point?

Is there any point in hoping? I've spent the last two days trying to imagine what is going to become of me (under the certain assumption that I'm waiting on a rejection). It's really bleak. :(

Is there any point in hoping? I've spent the last two days trying to imagine what is going to become of me (under the certain assumption that I'm waiting on a rejection). It's really bleak. :(

I'm still waiting on decisions for all 3 of my applications - one submitted since Dec 1. Nothing is over until it's official, right? Keep the hope alive MammaD. Rooting for you. Here's another Friday - hopefully filled with good news  ^_^

I am waiting as well! It ain't over until it's over.

I agree with aapril, its not over until its over.  I also have 4 programs that I haven't heard from and I know they haven't sent out any results at all yet.  Have hope, some are just slower than others.

i'm curious. does anyone know anything about tulane's reputation both domestically and internationally? i'm interested in attending, but I am not too familiar with it. this would be for global health systems. 

thanks! :)

I'm still waiting, but trying to remain hopeful--I contacted the administrator at the program I'm waiting to hear from so I'm pretty sure they haven't made decisions. Maybe schools have unofficall wait lists and just keep people on the back burner? Here's hoping there is news today!

got a rejection from Columbia last night. bummer, I was holding out hope. I think I've been waitlisted by Berkeley, but my POI wouldn't really give me any sort of straight answer.

Thank you for your interest and application. We made the first-level decisions and held interviews; however, the process is not done.   We had very strong candidates pool but we do not know who will actually enroll and enter the program.

I think we can have a more clear picture within a few weeks and all applicants will be notified of their application decision when all dust is settled.

I know a handful of people have been accepted and rejected already. since neither has happened to me, I'm going ahead and assuming I'm "waitlisted".

regardless, I'm starting to contemplate what's next. I most likely will attempt to find a job that I qualify for with my MS, and the early results look alright on that front.

anyways - GOOD LUCK to everyone who is still waiting, hang tough! it'll work out in the end. and CONGRATS to everyone who has been accepted!

i'm still waiting on Columbia SMS - they've handed out some acceptances and a bunch of rejections, so who knows what will happen at this point.  My POI let me know that they extended offers to their "very top candidates" and made it sound like I'm on the cusp... so I still have a sliver of hope :)  I also haven't heard from UIC (CHS), but I never interviewed with them so I'm pretty certain it will be a rejection at this point.

i'm still waiting on Columbia SMS - they've handed out some acceptances and a bunch of rejections, so who knows what will happen at this point.  My POI let me know that they extended offers to their "very top candidates" and made it sound like I'm on the cusp... so I still have a sliver of hope :)  I also haven't heard from UIC (CHS), but I never interviewed with them so I'm pretty certain it will be a rejection at this point.

SMS PhD or DrPH? 

I'm still waiting on HSPH PhD in Epidemiology (Infectious Diseases)... They said they should have all decisions out by the 15th. Goes to show that it really isn't over till it's over... Haha.

It's pretty quite here today! Let me shout out here:

Still waiting for-

UNC Health Behavior PhD

USC Health Behavior PhD

UIC Community Health PhD

UCLA Community Health PhD

JHSPH International Health PhD

:blink:  :ph34r:  :blink:  <_<

Sigh. Still waiting here, too, and I'm having a tough time staying positive.

I'm encouraged that I'm not the only one still hanging, but very confused about what could take this long.

I am thankful for the rejection I got, though -- people are still getting rejections from that program today.

Just to show what a state I'm in: I'm going to an optional lecture tonight on logistical regression (biostats). I live an hour from school. I'm all "maybe I'll need this next year. Or maybe I won't. Or maybe I will. It'll stink if I won't."

And so on. I don't even want to be in my own head anymore.

juliajulia--I'd recommend getting in touch with UCLA if you can, from what I've heard they made decisions. 

MammaD I completely empathize with you, I hope your remaining program gets in touch with you soon (with good news!), I really don't understand the delay in the notification process but maybe since we're so close to March 15th shoot them another email? If you don't get in this year you can always reapply. I'm sure going through the application process again sounds horrible right now, but this is my 3rd PhD cycle if thats any consolation. 

I've been wait listed at 2 schools, one of which I'd really love to get into, so possibly another month of waiting to see if I get off the wait list

Shameless plug: if you know you aren't going to attend a school, please let them know asap it would really help us wait listers out :-)

I'm hoping everyone gets some good news this week, I know most programs say they will notify by March 15th so we're almost there. Hope everyone enjoys their visit days and good luck making decisions! 

acdelco, I bow to you. I can't imagine going through this process again ... not so much because of me, but this uncertainty has been so rough on my family. I'm really inspired by your persistence and I look forward to cheering for good news that comes your way.

And yes, March 15 is soon! My program says most decisions are made by March 15 ... and all notifications are made by -- wait for it -- JULY 1.

If I'm in that July 1 pile, there will be nothing left of me! How on earth does anyone (forget the kids part for a minute, ANYONE!) pull off a move like that with 6 weeks' notice, then jump into an academic endeavor to end all academic endeavors? I am stressing out about whether 4 months will be long enough to sell a house ...

I'm super excited for everyone with acceptances. Is there a way to make a doc or something when everyone knows where they're going? I know we represent many fields but I'm really encouraged by the idea of leading a profession with you all.