PhD in Public Health

erzsi83

MammaD: Sounds awesome

I hope you're right JuliaJulia and Panache. I, unfortunately, just received official rejection. It was on the website and I logged it in the 'results' section.

I hope others get better news today.

ha, just got a rejection letter from Harvard Social and Behavioral Sciences SD program. It says in the letter: Unfortunately, the number of applicants exceeded the number of candidates we were able to accept. ....Lol...

i heard that UW health services admissions committee is meeting today. I am so nervous... anyone had interviews?

Hey Health, I got the admission from UW Health Services PhD two weeks ago. But they have this meeting probably to discuss funding for domestic students. I am an international student so they don't have any funding for me.  :wacko:

Hey Health, I got the admission from UW Health Services PhD two weeks ago. But they have this meeting probably to discuss funding for domestic students. I am an international student so they don't have any funding for me.  :wacko:

oh really? I got an e-mail from the program coordinator saying that they are meeting today and hopefully make most of the decisions out after that meeting... Do you think that's not true?

And I only saw one acceptance from the result search page, so I was staying hopeful... Also, the professor I interviewed also mentioned about funding that I am a strong enough candidate that they shouldn't have problems finding fundings for me etc etc. I kinda made it clear to them that I won't go to UW unless they fully fund me including stipend. After that interview I thought I was going to make it, because they wouldn't talk about funding situations if they weren't going to accept me. I was going crazy when they didn't give me any answers for a month since then...

Edited by Health

2 rejections today  :(  but glad to know...hope you all have a good weekend! fingers crossed as we get closer to March 15th

I am so sorry to hear that... i still haven't received any answers from many schools I applied to... 

Officially waitlisted at Columbia. At least it's some news xD Like what everyone's been saying, it's nice to just hear SOMETHING..  :rolleyes: Sorry Mmajum, I guess we most likely won't see each other next year in person...

Sorry to hear about rejections to our PhD in public health family members.. :( We were all rooting for you, but remember it's not over until it's over. :D

On a side note, I'm returning from a U-Dub visit/interview, and I really really liked the program, even more so than when I was just reading about it on the websites. They said acceptances/rejections will be out in a week for my program. Thank you, U-dub for not keeping your applicants in extended purgatory :D

Edited by VBD

Hi all

I've been stalking this forum for a while and have been wait listed at two schools which is bitter sweet. I was just wondering for those that have been wait listed is it reasonable to think you may get in? How are you all handling the wait list-ing

oh really? I got an e-mail from the program coordinator saying that they are meeting today and hopefully make most of the decisions out after that meeting... Do you think that's not true?

And I only saw one acceptance from the result search page, so I was staying hopeful... Also, the professor I interviewed also mentioned about funding that I am a strong enough candidate that they shouldn't have problems finding fundings for me etc etc. I kinda made it clear to them that I won't go to UW unless they fully fund me including stipend. After that interview I thought I was going to make it, because they wouldn't talk about funding situations if they weren't going to accept me. I was going crazy when they didn't give me any answers for a month since then...

Hello, Health, could you direct me to the result search page that you mentioned? Thanks!

Hi congratulations to everyone who has received acceptances thus far. Those of you who have received offers from Hopkins HBS, I would welcome a discussion around what kind of funding they are offering people, how to manage making up the difference on a partially funded offer. I was offered 75% with no stipend but the opportunity to apply for NIH grants, or TA'ships. I have no experience with the feasibility of this actually covering all my costs. I would be tremendously appreciative of anyone's guidance in this area. Feel free to PM me anytime. 

Hello, Health, could you direct me to the result search page that you mentioned? Thanks!

I just typed in "health" in the search and you can find one acceptance from UW on March 1st. 

Officially waitlisted at Columbia. At least it's some news xD Like what everyone's been saying, it's nice to just hear SOMETHING..  :rolleyes: Sorry Mmajum, I guess we most likely won't see each other next year in person...

Sorry to hear about rejections to our PhD in public health family members.. :( We were all rooting for you, but remember it's not over until it's over. :D

On a side note, I'm returning from a U-Dub visit/interview, and I really really liked the program, even more so than when I was just reading about it on the websites. They said acceptances/rejections will be out in a week for my program. Thank you, U-dub for not keeping your applicants in extended purgatory :D

Aw, mannn. Oh well... Honestly? Their loss! I'm so happy to hear that your UW visit was so fantastic; I hope they get back to you ASAP. :)

Hi all! I've been lurking in the wings for too long, and finally decided to join in on the discussion.

I'm applying to various community health/health behavior types of programs, and have had mixed responses so far. Mostly still waiting for ANY NEWS AT ALL!

I applied to the following (all PhD):

UCLA CHS: waitlisted on 3/1. This is my first choice, so I'm hoping something will come through!

USC Health Behavior Research

Hopkins Population, Family, and Reproductive Health

Columbia SMS

UIC CHS

Tulane Global Community Health and Behavior Sciences

Did you other UCLA applicants hear anything by 3/1? I know they originally said they'd make decisions by this date, but not sure if my decision was a coincidence or if everyone else had heard as well?

Nice to meet everyone!

Edited by EAK

I have some good news and bad news. The good is that I spoke to the coordinator at Harvard's Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences and she says that they provide tuition for all doctoral students (for the first two years) but that it's very, very rare for them to provide stipends. So, now I need to pull out my excel sheet and really give some hard thinking on whether we can afford to live on my husband's income (Boston rent, childcare, etc). Regardless, it's certainly better than the unsubsidized loans that were first offered to me. Anyone else in this chat considering this program? I'd love to connect.

The bad news is that I spoke to a faculty member at Hopkins HBS and she 'didn't see my name on the acceptance list'. I'm really disappointed. Not only is it an excellent program but logistically we could have stayed in the DC area.  I am still holding hope until I have it in black and white on the website or via email that my application was rejected.  

And finally - I'm rooting for everyone here, but MammaD I just want you to know that from momma to momma I'm sending all my very best wishes.

Hi Gael! Did HSPH send you an email or a letter with the financial aid information? I might be joining you this fall!

Hi all! I've been lurking in the wings for too long, and finally decided to join in on the discussion.

I'm applying to various community health/health behavior types of programs, and have had mixed responses so far. Mostly still waiting for ANY NEWS AT ALL!

I applied to the following (all PhD):

UCLA CHS: waitlisted on 3/1. This is my first choice, so I'm hoping something will come through!

USC Health Behavior Research

Hopkins Population, Family, and Reproductive Health

Columbia SMS

UIC CHS

Tulane Global Community Health and Behavior Sciences

Did you other UCLA applicants hear anything by 3/1? I know they originally said they'd make decisions by this date, but not sure if my decision was a coincidence or if everyone else had heard as well?

Nice to meet everyone!

I got an interview with UCLA about a month ago... I thought I could get in.. but I have not heard anything from them since then... kind of losing hope now. I applied for PhD at CHS as well. :(

The rejections have been unloaded by Columbia SMS program. I was among the rejected. At least I received a letter. Whatevs.

Good luck to everyone oon this forum who have paid boat loads of money in the hopes of earning an acceptance somewhere. I truly hope everyone gets in somewhere desirable with some funding!

The rejections have been unloaded by Columbia SMS program. I was among the rejected. At least I received a letter. Whatevs.

Good luck to everyone oon this forum who have paid boat loads of money in the hopes of earning an acceptance somewhere. I truly hope everyone gets in somewhere desirable with some funding!

Yup. Got a rejection email from SMS as well. same here.