The Waiting Game - Fall 2013 - Share your progress!

radiomars

Things have been so silent for me, I'm going crazy! Any word from UT Austin or UCSC? I know a lot of the other UCs have already made decisions but haven't seen anything about Santa Cruz on the forums...

I'm in my last semester at UT Austin working on my senior honors thesis with a faculty adviser. I talk to her about my grad school applications regularly.  In passing, she mentioned 2 Fridays ago that they were sitting down last week to make final decisions over applicants. I don't know any more than that, but I hope that gives you some sort of idea as to when to expect info.

Anyone hear any news out of Toronto or Calgary yet? I applied to MSc and MA programs!

Toronto PhD decisions went out in mid February, but I can't speak to the MA program. From what I know, the MA deadline is much later than the PhD. If it helps, PhD decisions took about two months from the submission deadline to notification. 

Edited by Jonathan Livingston

I'm in my last semester at UT Austin working on my senior honors thesis with a faculty adviser. I talk to her about my grad school applications regularly.  In passing, she mentioned 2 Fridays ago that they were sitting down last week to make final decisions over applicants. I don't know any more than that, but I hope that gives you some sort of idea as to when to expect info.

Thanks so much tlm2338!

Thanks, guys :3 I'm thrilled.

Awesome Radiomars!!!!!!! Do you have any idea as to when you get the official acceptance via e-mail?

I wasn't told the exact date, but he did say I should get it "in about a week".

UofT anthro MA won't notify until mid to late March. Applications are still being reviewed and no meetings have taken place.

UofT PhD decisions have been made. If you have not received an email telling you that you were accepted or waitlisted, chances are your application was rejected.

Anyone have word from York PhD Anthro? Someone posted in the results section saying that the meeting was going to be this week o.O But I also know they extended their deadline (potentially related to new funding schematics by the Gov of Canada)

Radiomars that is awesome! How are you going to pick between your offers?

Oh man, I actually am really struggling with this. I've narrowed it down to UCLA and Yale, but that's about all I have figured out. I went to UCLA for undergrad, so that's something to consider. I think the program at LA is stronger but I hesitate to turn down an opportunity to diversify and expand my training and connections.

Congratulations radiomars, that is wonderful news. :)

I got accepted at UCSC last week. Has anyone heard anything from Berkeley?

I have to say I am a little hurt by Berkeley. I had an interview early January and never heard back, which obviously means I didn't get in and that's fine. But after my POI was so enthusiastic about the possibility of me attending I would have thought that he would at least send me a nice email, saying that unfortunately it didn't work out this year etc.

At this point I am really not upset about the rejection as much as about the process.

Congratulations radiomars, that is wonderful news. :)

I have to say I am a little hurt by Berkeley. I had an interview early January and never heard back, which obviously means I didn't get in and that's fine. But after my POI was so enthusiastic about the possibility of me attending I would have thought that he would at least send me a nice email, saying that unfortunately it didn't work out this year etc.

At this point I am really not upset about the rejection as much as about the process.

ditto on this about berkeley.  

@pariahcarey- if you contact Ned he can tell you your admissions status. 

congrats platysaurus!! awesome news!

i got an answer from texas state about my cryptic limbo: first round of picks have gone out, and i'm in the second round, but the number of slots available depends on how many people accept their offers. i won't know whether i'll be in (or not!) until the start of april, but it's nice to have a definitive date and a clear answer. their deadline was 1/15, so if anyone else is waiting to hear back from any other schools with a 1/15 deadline, this might be what's going on.