Anyone else losing their damn mind?

gradorbust

So this weekend marked the end of the zen feeling I'd been in since I submitted my apps. Checking the Results Section here and app status on the two programs I applied to. Then today I received an email from POI at one school asking for phone interview Thursday or Friday. He said my application made it to his desk and he wanted to talk next week because decisions will be made soon.

Lesson learned: if I REALLY think that I fit into the program, be persistent and contact the POIs in every way possible with legit questions about content.

And first acceptance for me :) Hopefully this will stop me from obsessively checking my email the next few days.

...You would think that, but it worked the exact opposite for me. I knew that most of my schools wouldn't be sending out things until at least February and I was okay with that and wasn't even going to worry until then. Then, one of my schools sent me an acceptance on January 10th. And I've been obsessively checking since.

So this weekend marked the end of the zen feeling I'd been in since I submitted my apps. Checking the Results Section here and app status on the two programs I applied to. Then today I received an email from POI at one school asking for phone interview Thursday or Friday. He said my application made it to his desk and he wanted to talk next week because decisions will be made soon.

Lesson learned: if I REALLY think that I fit into the program, be persistent and contact the POIs in every way possible with legit questions about content.

Congrats and good luck with your interview!!

Hi guys, I'm going crazy here waiting! Results are supposed to be announced by early february...do you think is too insane if I call the department to ask about the results?! Thanks!

Congrats kyjin!!!!!

Congrats, that's awesome! Good luck! Out of curiosity, did you reach out to any POIs AFTER you applied? I talked to a few POIs at Minnesota before I submitted my app, but that didn't exactly work out. :-/

Getting really nervous...the steering committee for my program meets Monday and its traditional for the cohorts to hear about interviews around next week! Oh Lord, please let the Super Bowl distract me!

Getting really nervous...the steering committee for my program meets Monday and its traditional for the cohorts to hear about interviews around next week! Oh Lord, please let the Super Bowl distract me!
Of all the things to distract me, I don't think I'll watch the Superbowl. I have zero interest in pro football. I will keep my fingers crossed that we all get good news, though.

Hi Everyone.

Just found this site a few days ago, and I've been lurking since.  This is such a positive forum that I thought I'd join in.  I think I have something that qualifies as a good sign, but don't want to jinx it.  I only have one interview so far, but the school contacted me by both email and phone on the same day to extend the invitation.  After I accepted, I got a return email from the admissions person saying that they were "so pleased" that I would be attending.  This was my second "so pleased" from them from different people (the first was from a faculty member that called me out of the blue to see if I had any questions).  I of course picked apart the return email to see if there were any other clues in it, but the "so pleased" was about it.  I can't be objective right now, but think these are a good signs?

Speaking of nuts, I am applying to clinical PSYchology programs and I just started a class on positivity with a really cool professor who insists on being called Cy (his nickname) and have decided that it might a good omen...Positivity, PSY, and Cy...  I'm probably nuts at this stage of the game, but I'm goin' with it...

Good luck to everyone on their interviews, and thanks for keeping hope alive in this forum!

Thanks Sanseo! Welcome Cicero! Luckily, I LOVE football! My hubby is a BIG 49ers fan and we'll be travelling to the Big Easy to take part in the merriment! No fear! We'll be back just in time for me to freak out all next week!

What a great distraction! Have a great time!

Thanks Sanseo! Welcome Cicero! Luckily, I LOVE football! My hubby is a BIG 49ers fan and we'll be travelling to the Big Easy to take part in the merriment! No fear! We'll be back just in time for me to freak out all next week!

I think I'm officially spiraling into a state of depression. Stupid applications! I have been officially rejected from 1, I think I'm past the dates for interviews for 3, that leaves 3 left. I don't have much hope, but I want in SO badly I can't stand it! I want to call the schools I have left and beg them to give me a chance!! ugh!!!  :wacko:

...You would think that, but it worked the exact opposite for me. I knew that most of my schools wouldn't be sending out things until at least February and I was okay with that and wasn't even going to worry until then. Then, one of my schools sent me an acceptance on January 10th. And I've been obsessively checking since.

OhMySocks, I'm in a similar situation. Most of the schools I applied to were suppose to notify me by late February/Early March..and NOW that went out the window when I heard from U of Arizona in December and U Penn in early January!! ugh...the suspense is killing me. <_< ... :unsure:

By the way, I noticed you applied to Tufts. I attended Tufts as an undergrad....if you have any questions about the location/school..etc. feel free to PM me. Can't say much about the graduate school but I know the campus well :)  

Edited by emg28

AAAAH CONGRAAATS, PHDREAMS!!!!!!!!! I WISH I COULD LIKE THAT MORE TIMES, CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!! Where from??? I'm so excited for you :D

YAAAAAAY! GO, PhDREAMS!   :lol:

Yayyyyy!!!!!!! Thank you so much! I apparently didn't get an interview from NYU today but I did get into Irvine! So happppyyyyyyy! I love love love the program. :D

Yayyyyy!!!!!!! Thank you so much! I apparently didn't get an interview from NYU today but I did get into Irvine! So happppyyyyyyy! I love love love the program. :D
So happy for you PhDreams!!! I know it's been a long road, congratulations!

So happy for you PhDreams!!! I know it's been a long road, congratulations!

Awwwww.... everyone here has been so wonderful and supportive! I'm so happy! Looking forward to hearing everyones good news so we can all celebrate together! <3

Congratulations, kyjin!! I'm so happy for you! :D Best of luck to those of us still waiting. It's almost February - hang in there! :)

Thank you! I hope you get good news soon! (I have my fingers crossed we'll get a round of Berkeley notices this week~)