Anyone recieved acceptance letters

gradorbust

• 2 weeks later...

I am in I-O psych, almost all of my programs said they didnt interview.  So figured I would see. 

I am also applying to I/O. Which programs do you know are not interviewing? I have been stressing about interviews and maybe I shouldn't be :-)

Doesn't pretty much every discipline in psych for PhDs interview? We probably won't be seeing any until maybe mid February.

Nope. One of my programs had an interview, but the others - and others I looked at, but didn't apply to - don't hold interviews. I did browse other programs outside of my interest, and I rarely saw required interviews for anyone but cognitive or school psych... or the big name schools.

I/O at BGSU is making decisions tomorrow 

I'm the student recruitment committee chair, (ps: I don't make decisions... just coordinate)

I've heard this as well- that most I/O programs make decisions on the last two Fridays of January (so, that would have been yesterday or this coming Friday, 1/25). Good luck everyone! 

I just got an email from a POI stating they'll be recommending me to be admitted as their student and that the department has to approve it but it's usually just a formality.  Is it safe to say I'm accepted?? I'm so scared of being excited (probably in shock...) that I don't wanna jinx anything...*screams on the inside!!*

I think it's highly likely you are accepted!! I've heard of a few cases where the department makes decisions as a whole based on department funding, so not all POIs can get the students they want. But if they say it's usually just a formality, then I'd trust that :-). CONGRATS!

I just got an email from a POI stating they'll be recommending me to be admitted as their student and that the department has to approve it but it's usually just a formality.  Is it safe to say I'm accepted?? I'm so scared of being excited (probably in shock...) that I don't wanna jinx anything...*screams on the inside!!*

I would be screaming on the inside :) . Great job!

Like disillusioned, I just got an "recommended for admission but it's just a formality" acceptance.  Woo hoo!!   :rolleyes:  No funding information or "official" admission offer yet, but of course I'm still super excited.  FYI, I did a phone interview with my POI but did not do an official on-campus interview. 

Yay congrats lypiphera! I didn't have a formal interview or anything either, but I've already met my POI, and actually been working with her a little already, so that probably explains why she didn't need to "interview" me.  I'm still wary of feeling secure with this admission as nothing has come through from the graduate office yet, but I'm still very excited and relieved!!  I'm sending positive thoughts to all who are still waiting on news!!!

Does the program generally require a weekend interview? Congrats!

Like disillusioned, I just got an "recommended for admission but it's just a formality" acceptance. Woo hoo!! :rolleyes: No funding information or "official" admission offer yet, but of course I'm still super excited. FYI, I did a phone interview with my POI but did not do an official on-campus interview.

Does the program generally require a weekend interview? Congrats!

I guess not, since I was offered admission before one happened.  All of the other schools I've done phone interviews with invited me to an in-person interview weekend after the phone call.  This was the only one that offered admission before, and it sounds like they aren't having an "interview" weekend at all, instead more of a visiting day for accepted students.  I have no idea if it normally works this way for this school or not, but I do not think this is normal for most schools.