Reason to worry?

PittPanther: Are you a domestic or international applicant? Given your background, I'm really surprised that you weren't accepted or at least waitlisted at UW.

Sisyphus1: I think you mentioned in an earlier post that you're an international student. Given all your time in the US, have you tried to become a permanent resident?

sidneysamson: check your spam folder possibly. My email ended up there and I only found out due to the obsessive email checking I was doing.

health_quant: I am a domestic applicant, and yeah I am a little surprised/ disappointed I wasn't at least given a waitlist. I thought that already having the Masters done in biostatistics, a math undergrad, and a pending publication would have given me more than the rejection. But oh well, hopefully I'll get to prove them wrong elsewhere

PittPanther: Are you a domestic or international applicant? Given your background, I'm really surprised that you weren't accepted or at least waitlisted at UW.

Sisyphus1: I think you mentioned in an earlier post that you're an international student. Given all your time in the US, have you tried to become a permanent resident?

yep i am international, though i did my undergrad/grad here. i should be getting a green card within the next year or two through my employer so i may give it another shot then!

I think it depends on whether or not the school has been emailing decisions out already to applicants and for how long. Like if you hadn't heard back from Washington I'd say it would be acceptable to email. But schools like Berkeley who are probably not going to send anything out for another few weeks, I'd say no.

Just checked my status on my Johns Hopkins application, and it said that a decision has been reached and that they mailed my decision.  Looking at previous years results, I don't believe this bodes very well for me... This is not a good week. Hopefully they've changed their notification methods and mailing the decisions is good this year? 

Just checked my status on my Johns Hopkins application, and it said that a decision has been reached and that they mailed my decision.  Looking at previous years results, I don't believe this bodes very well for me... This is not a good week. Hopefully they've changed their notification methods and mailing the decisions is good this year? 

Nothing for me from Hopkins yet. According to previous years' results, did that notification always mean a rejection?

I'm not sure if they have rolling admissions, but I find it weird that their deadline was something like 1/15 and reach a decision on your application this fast.

Nothing for me from Hopkins yet. According to previous years' results, did that notification always mean a rejection?

I'm not sure if they have rolling admissions, but I find it weird that their deadline was something like 1/15 and reach a decision on your application this fast.

Unfortunately, every person who received a result via the postal service on the results page has been rejected. So unfortunately it looks like I received another rejection unless they have changed their methods of notification. Also, I didn't receive an email of any sort, I only found out by checking my application page. Now I have to sit and wait a day or 2 to receive a rejection letter with 99% likelihood.

Whoever that person is just gave me hope!!!! Whoever you are, thank you

Seems like there are two posts on the results page with identical stats (presumably the same person) with acceptances to both UW and Hopkins today, both by postal service. So I guess UW sent some of their acceptances by email and the rest via postal service?

In any case, congrats to whoever that was!

I think there are two fake postings in GC. There is one who was accepted today from UW and JHU (biostat), but that guy said he (she) got the results by postal mail. This cannot be true because UW has not given out results by postal mail.

Whoever that person is just gave me hope!!!! Whoever you are, thank you

I think there are two fake postings in GC. There is one who was accepted today from UW and JHU (biostat), but that guy said he (she) got the results by postal mail. This cannot be true because UW has not given out results by postal mail.

Annnndddd you suck. I would've enjoyed if you had kept that to yourself. (I normally would have appreciated the knowledge, but not when I have to wait 2 days for the letter to get to me, and I had a renewed glimmer of hope).

I also thought it was fishy, but didn't want to jump to conclusions. Everyone I've talked to got their UW decision by email, and the earliest survey result for JHU PhD acceptance in the prior years seems to be from late February. Seems statistically unlikely...  :unsure:

I applied to all masters programs which is different than the rest of you, but I was notified fairly early on (mid-late December) by postal mail that Hopkins had rejected me. Not sure if that helps, but there you go.