Reason to worry?

Anybody heard from UMinnesota for masters yet? I noticed a few PhD decisions up on the board, but I'm sweating bullets over here waiting to see if I get to go to grad school or if I need to start looking for any job that'll take me.

Looks like some Yale decisions went out today.

Also, expect Berkeley decisions this week (source: graduate director of stats department there).

Any idea if the Berkeley decisions will include biostats or just the stats department? I'm dying to find out for biostatistics, and I'm not sure how much more I can take!

Hmm, it looks like in past years the acceptances have been sort of spread out. What did the guy you talked to say?

that all decisions will be made by this week. i'm guessing (as is customary) that rejectees will be notified after a few weeks

Just got duke rejection. Tho it was nicely worded.

"Though we understand this may be disappointing news, being denied admission here is
not at all a negative on your record,  preparation or promise for research in statistics; your
application is clearly very strong and was naturally highly regarded by the admissions
committee.  However,  we have applications from a simply huge number of highly qualified
students, and the competition for our few places (we admit <5%) is simply intense."

0/3 for now.

6 more to go.

Time to start drinking.

Edited by DMX

Anybody heard from UMinnesota for masters yet? I noticed a few PhD decisions up on the board, but I'm sweating bullets over here waiting to see if I get to go to grad school or if I need to start looking for any job that'll take me.

I'm waiting for the same thing and I haven't heard anything yet. I'm taking a course here as a non-degree seeking student and I asked a few people in my class (the undergrads) if they'd heard anything from Minnesota yet, and they had not. Patience is a virtue I guess.

At what point should I email the department and enquire about my status? A buddy of mine (in a different discipline) told me that lots of schools will think you're not interested if you don't follow up, but I'm usually not that kind of guy. Is this something I should start thinking about?

At what point should I email the department and enquire about my status? A buddy of mine (in a different discipline) told me that lots of schools will think you're not interested if you don't follow up, but I'm usually not that kind of guy. Is this something I should start thinking about?

I've considered emailing a few departments that I've yet to hear from (Specifically UNC, as I've seen a few results posted on the survey)... But I'm holding off for now because It's still only mid-Feb. Other than UNC, none of the schools I'm currently waiting have any (PhD) acceptances this year reported on the survey, so I'm not worried yet (Those being Brown, Pitt, Boston and Yale). Come the first week of March, if I still havent heard anything, I'll probably send out some emails to the departments I would have expected to hear.

I think that early March is generally a good time point to wait until, unless you have seen most people have received decisions (both acceptances and rejections). I just emailed Berkeley, but only because I am possibly going to be around there early next month and wanted to see if I could possibly get a department tour, assuming they haven't decided to reject by then. I figure that also lets them know that I'm very interested in their program while doing a check up on my application status.

Just got duke rejection. Tho it was nicely worded.

"Though we understand this may be disappointing news, being denied admission here is

not at all a negative on your record,  preparation or promise for research in statistics; your

application is clearly very strong and was naturally highly regarded by the admissions

committee.  However,  we have applications from a simply huge number of highly qualified

students, and the competition for our few places (we admit <5%) is simply intense."

0/3 for now.

6 more to go.

Time to start drinking.

Strange, I got a different more generic rejection letter.

First decision is up.

Now i'm wondering if the Michigan acceptance posted (via postal service) is real or not.

It's likely. Most of UMich's Acceptances thus far have been via mail and followed up with an email... At least that is the case for PhD applicants who were admitted to the MS fast/track

Anyone waiting on University of Minnesota Masters for Statistics . . . . my application status has changed to Decision Made, but I've yet to receive an email. Who says that checking apply yourself obsessively doesn't pay off - although now I'm in limbo land. :)