2013 Acceptances/Rejections Thread

AaronM

finally joining grad cafe...

Applied: Boston College, CUNY Graduate Center, NYU, Columbia, UPitt, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Minnesota, UC Irvine, UCSB, UC Berkeley

Wait-listed:
Accepted: Boston College, UC Irvine, UCSB
Rejected: Notre Dame

Attending: 

*********IMPORTANT*********

inside word from Berk.: they sent out the first round of admissions only, they are meeting this Fri to send out the second round. Good luck!

What??? I just started accepting the fact that I was going to be rejected. Let the roller coaster begin again!

What??? I just started accepting the fact that I was going to be rejected. Let the roller coaster begin again!

Same here, I had resigned myself to defeat since last week. Good luck to everybody who applied on hearing good news this week!

Someone got into Indiana with a 2.5 GPA? Wow.  Awesome for them.

I was just looking at that. The GRE scores are much higher than you would expect. Whoever it was must have explained the discrepancy pretty convincingly in the statement of purpose!

People who applied to Davis -- I got a surprising acceptance today. I guess they're still churning them out (unless mine was the last), so if you havent heard from them there is still hope.

Congrats buddy!

that ones mine, its actually 3.52. hope I didn't do that on any apps, lol

Hahaha I thought that it may have been a typo.  Congrats on yet another acceptance at an incredible university, you're just on a roll, leaning towards any place over the others?  I don't know the etiquette for these things, so if you don't feel comfortable answering, I understand.

I'm still floating from getting into Arizona, I can only imagine what it must be like to have gotten so many thus far.

I see a couple of Columbia waitlists and a single acceptance --- but when I log onto my application online, there isn't even a link where I can click on my status.  Anyone else know what's up with that?

I see a couple of Columbia waitlists and a single acceptance --- but when I log onto my application online, there isn't even a link where I can click on my status.  Anyone else know what's up with that?

"You may access your decision by logging into the online application at https://apply.gsas.columbia.edu/apply/. In the “Status Update” section of your Application Status Page, please then click on the link titled "View Update.” A new browser window will appear with your decision."

If you can do this then you have a decision - if not then I guess it's still pending. 

Hahaha I thought that it may have been a typo.  Congrats on yet another acceptance at an incredible university, you're just on a roll, leaning towards any place over the others?  I don't know the etiquette for these things, so if you don't feel comfortable answering, I understand.

I'm still floating from getting into Arizona, I can only imagine what it must be like to have gotten so many thus far.

Thanks! I've been really lucky this app cycle. I thought that I'd get in to one, MAYBE two programs so I'm definitely pleasantly surprised. No school has really emerged as a front-runner, its really going to depend on stuff I learn at visit days.

Thanks! I've been really lucky this app cycle. I thought that I'd get in to one, MAYBE two programs so I'm definitely pleasantly surprised. No school has really emerged as a front-runner, its really going to depend on stuff I learn at visit days.

While I appreciate your humility, you can't attribute getting into 5 of the best programs in the country, along with an interview for another, as merely being lucky.  There's clearly something you're holding out on us, do you have some sort of dirt on members of the adcomms of these schools and using it as blackmail?  Did you pay them all off?  Are you sending out threats?  What's your secret?  And don't tell me you're just a great candidate with a strong personal statement, clear research agenda, and great LORS... 'cause I'm not buying it.

While I appreciate your humility, you can't attribute getting into 5 of the best programs in the country, along with an interview for another, as merely being lucky.  There's clearly something you're holding out on us, do you have some sort of dirt on members of the adcomms of these schools and using it as blackmail?  Did you pay them all off?  Are you sending out threats?  What's your secret?  And don't tell me you're just a great candidate with a strong personal statement, clear research agenda, and great LORS... 'cause I'm not buying it.

don't ask me about my affairs heathenist *crony shuts door*

I've also got nothing from Columbia yet.

Edited by jms7

It's cool.  I just got a personal rejection e-mail from my POI at Cornell.  Even though I got my first Masters at Columbia (MPH) I am not feeling super positive right now.  Ugh.  Second time applying.  Just really frustrated, y'all.