2013 Acceptances/Rejections Thread

AaronM

It's cool.  I just got a personal rejection e-mail from my POI at Cornell.  Even though I got my first Masters at Columbia (MPH) I am not feeling super positive right now.  Ugh.  Second time applying.  Just really frustrated, y'all.

Sorry to hear that, hang in there. I'm annoyed that I have yet to be rejected from anywhere even though 4 of the schools I applied to sent out multiple acceptances a week or more ago. You want to believe you might be wait listed or that there will be a second wave of acceptances, but a rejection is the most likely scenario at this point. I just want to know so I can move on. 

Edited by xdarthveganx

It's cool. I just got a personal rejection e-mail from my POI at Cornell. Even though I got my first Masters at Columbia (MPH) I am not feeling super positive right now. Ugh. Second time applying. Just really frustrated, y'all.

Did your POI state whether they were done making decisions or had merely narrowed down the list to a group of finalists?

Sorry to hear about the bad news. On the bright side, with an MPH from Cornell you're still pretty much guaranteed a bright future no matter what the outcome of your applications :)

I'll claim the UM waitlist. I couldn't resist emailing the director of grad studies...all acceptances are out and waitlist emails are to follow shortly.

heyitsthatguy,

By UM, are you referring to University of Minnesota or University of Massachusetts at Amherst? 

Sorry to hear that, hang in there. I'm annoyed that I have yet to be rejected from anywhere even though 4 of the schools I applied to sent out multiple acceptances a week or more ago. You want to believe you might be wait listed or that there will be a second wave of acceptances, but a rejection is the most likely scenario at this point. I just want to know so I can move on. 

I would just give the graduate secretary at each program a call. The GS at UT Austin is especially nice. I imagine that most others will also be happy to talk with you about the status of your application, and maybe even put whatever decision was made in context for you. It's a nerve wracking call at first, but I'm sure you will feel better afterward. 

Ugh.  I know.  He made it an explicit point to state that my application was extremely strong...and that they only accepted 6 people (3% acceptance rate) from this year's pool of applicants.  I'm 0/2 out of a total of 8 (also rejected from Princeton, like basically everyone else on the planet).

Someone needs to start a VC fund that backs travel or pharma-related coping mechanisms for all of us from mid-Jan until mid-March.

Ugh.  I know.  He made it an explicit point to state that my application was extremely strong...and that they only accepted 6 people (3% acceptance rate) from this year's pool of applicants.  I'm 0/2 out of a total of 8 (also rejected from Princeton, like basically everyone else on the planet).

Someone needs to start a VC fund that backs travel or pharma-related coping mechanisms for all of us from mid-Jan until mid-March.

Which school was that? Just curious.

I'll claim the UM waitlist. I couldn't resist emailing the director of grad studies...all acceptances are out and waitlist emails are to follow shortly.
Oh crap! Are you sure they said all acceptances are out? I thought they're meeting again... An inside word would be sweet right now!

Hey y'all.

I've been a lurker on the site for a couple weeks, but time to post!

Anyone heard anything from, or have any idea when we'll hear about Vanderbilt?

I only applied to two programs [in haste, a total long shot and last minute decision at the urging of profs]. I'm coming from an MPH program. Only applied to Vanderbilt and to UPenn, but for social welfare instead of sociology. My focus is on the social context of health disparities.

Thanks! Best of luck to all of you and congrats to those who have acceptances!

I would just give the graduate secretary at each program a call. The GS at UT Austin is especially nice. I imagine that most others will also be happy to talk with you about the status of your application, and maybe even put whatever decision was made in context for you. It's a nerve wracking call at first, but I'm sure you will feel better afterward. 

Does this work? What does one say? Who wants to call UC Davis? :D

Folks who applied to Brown or Michigan State -

Are we able to check the status of our application online? I have one link for Brown (http://www.applyweb.com/cgi-bin/ustat), but when I log in, it simply confirms that all of pieces of my application were submitted. I don't see anywhere noting my application status...

Thanks!

Folks who applied to Brown or Michigan State -

Are we able to check the status of our application online? I have one link for Brown (http://www.applyweb.com/cgi-bin/ustat), but when I log in, it simply confirms that all of pieces of my application were submitted. I don't see anywhere noting my application status...

Thanks!

Mine are like that too (all UCs) anyone want to contradict that? I'd love to be wrong!

Mine are like that too (all UCs) anyone want to contradict that? I'd love to be wrong!

The only one I have seen different is NC State. A little link appeared on that page when the decision was made.