2013 Acceptances/Rejections Thread

AaronM

Alright, looks like all the Michigan acceptances went out; so did Berkeley's... Anyone applying to UMass?

I sure did! Trust me, I'll be hollerin and screamin on here whatever the news is the moment I hear it. Well, I guess if the news is bad, it'll be more of a sad whimper. UMass is one of my top choices based on the faculty, so I'm hopin'!

Has anyone heard from Columbia, Harvard, or NYU?

Judging from the threads from previous years, it may be possible that Harvard has already sent out interview requests by now...please let me know if you have heard anything!

Judging from the threads from previous years, it may be possible that Harvard has already sent out interview requests by now...please let me know if you have heard anything!

Nothing from Columbia. 

Nothing from Harvard or NYU.  I have them both as mid-February on my little stats sheet.  If any decisions were out, they would be in the Results Search.  And, there's nothing posted yet, just FYI.

Just got invited to the final interview round for Teach for America. I may have to do some serious thinking in the near future. 

Where would you want to teach? I really wanted to apply, but as an older undergrad I can't afford to take a break from school. I highly recommend Detroit if you end up going that route.

Nothing yet. Based on past years it looks like they decide closer to the end of February.

Anyone apply to UConn or Brandeis?

I checked my temple application and it now says "decision made" and university acceptance under that but they haven't contacted me. It just said complete yesterday morning. I keep thinking it's somehow a mistake! 

I applied to Brandeis but I don't expect to hear back from them for a while and I'm 99.9999% positive it will be a rejection anyways. 

Nothing yet. Based on past years it looks like they decide closer to the end of February.

Anyone apply to UConn or Brandeis?

I was told by someone at Uconn that decisions would come out shortly after the deadline, which was Jan 15. We should be hearing back soon.

I checked my temple application and it now says "decision made" and university acceptance under that but they haven't contacted me. It just said complete yesterday morning. I keep thinking it's somehow a mistake!

I applied to Brandeis but I don't expect to hear back from them for a while and I'm 99.9999% positive it will be a rejection anyways.

Aah where does it say that for Temple? Under "application preference" for me it just says "not entered." As for Brandeis, apps were due almost 8 weeks ago, it has to be soon!! Do you know how many acceptances they usually give?

Aah where does it say that for Temple? Under "application preference" for me it just says "not entered." As for Brandeis, apps were due almost 8 weeks ago, it has to be soon!! Do you know how many acceptances they usually give?

You have to click on 2013 fall and then it will bring you the page with your status. I heard/read they only took 3 PhD students last year and 2 the year before...which is why I know I won't get in haha.

You have to click on 2013 fall and then it will bring you the page with your status. I heard/read they only took 3 PhD students last year and 2 the year before...which is why I know I won't get in haha.

Oh okay! Thanks! Still says "complete ready for review." Oh well.

Wow, small cohort for Brandeis. Won't hold my breath then, haha.

Edited by Dea