2013 Acceptances/Rejections Thread

AaronM

Love this from the results page. More of this, please.

From somebody at Michigan:

"I'm a current student--wanted to let it slip that the adcoms final meeting is this Friday (Feb. 1), and decisions should come out Monday. Good luck!"

Saw that too. Great, and here I thought I might have a relaxing weekend. Anyway, congrats to the folks accepted to Oregon and UT!

Joining the post here...waiting on 12 applications.  Applied to Santa Barbara but have not heard anything.  Hoping that more calls will be made but my gut tells me that they are done.  No word on the other programs.

Joining the post here...waiting on 12 applications.  Applied to Santa Barbara but have not heard anything.  Hoping that more calls will be made but my gut tells me that they are done.  No word on the other programs.

I'm in a similar spot with Davis.  :(  At least you have 12 applications! I have 1/3rd of that, so eliminating one school is seriously nerve-racking.

Good luck! The odds are in your favor. ;)

Love this from the results page. More of this, please.

From somebody at Michigan:

"I'm a current student--wanted to let it slip that the adcoms final meeting is this Friday (Feb. 1), and decisions should come out Monday. Good luck!"

Haha, I'm a fairly in-the-know about department politics third year, and I don't even know who is on the committee this year, nevermind when they meet and make decisions!

Congrats to those who got into NC state! I hope it's someone I know! 

Bless those that got bad news from Oregon :(

I don't think I know you, so I'm glad it wasn't :) . But thanks.

I feel like NC State's ranking (near 50) doesn't reflect the work they're doing. I applied to four top ten programs, but I would only pick one of them over NC State. 

I don't think I know you, so I'm glad it wasn't :) . But thanks.

I feel like NC State's ranking (near 50) doesn't reflect the work they're doing. I applied to four top ten programs, but I would only pick one of them over NC State. 

I was thinking of someone in particular but that does not make my congratulations to you any less sincere! 

NC state seems nice -  Sociology and Anthropology under one roof! 

I was thinking of someone in particular but that does not make my congratulations to you any less sincere! 

NC state seems nice -  Sociology and Anthropology under one roof! 

Oh, well there's another one. Maybe it's them! 

Yeah, plus the Raleigh area gets voted "best place to live" a lot. And cost of living is WAY lower than most of the places I'm applying. It's like, half of what it costs to live on the coasts. 

And this was posted in the results forum by a current UW-Madison student. Dying of terror/excitement,

"(current student here) Based on the notification date of past years, acceptances should go out this afternoon or evening. No promises, just a prediction!"

I guess it was taken down....

And this was posted in the results forum by a current UW-Madison student. Dying of terror/excitement,

"(current student here) Based on the notification date of past years, acceptances should go out this afternoon or evening. No promises, just a prediction!"

Has anyone else here applied to BU, Kent State, Temple or Northeastern? 

I applied to Temple. Got a call from them today (thinking it would be a very early acceptance), but it was the coordinator asking me to send another copy of something. My guess is we won't hear anything til late Feb.