2013 Acceptances/Rejections Thread

AaronM

Congratulations to everyone accepted! Do you guys think they notified everyone that was admitted to penn state? I applied there and heard nothing and now I'm starting to worry... what do you guys think?

Wondering the same thing about Washington and Minnesota, not feeling too optimistic about those two at this point, but this was to be expected as I applied to a number of (out of) reach programs.

So congrats are in order for my partner who just got an acceptance from UNC. If you thought acceptance emails didn't come on the weekend you would be mistaken. Congrats my love! I'm super proud of you!!!!!! (and jealous at the same time! haha) 

Wow, UNC! Thats big time!  Congrats xemperorveganx!

Wow, UNC! Thats big time!  Congrats xemperorveganx!

yeah, she's super duper smart! haha. I'm really nervous now. If I get into any of the top 31 PhD programs I applied to I will be really happy, otherwise I'll be pretty bummed, especially now! 

Congrats! This is good news for those of us who applied to UNC as it shows that the adcomm is probably done reviewing applications. From what I understand about the UNC process is that senior faculty individually contact accepted applicants which means that notification dates will likely be very sporadic. Best of luck to all who applied.

yeah, she's super duper smart! haha. I'm really nervous now. If I get into any of the top 31 PhD programs I applied to I will be really happy, otherwise I'll be pretty bummed, especially now! 

Tell her congratulations from the gang! 

and a note to myself - life goes on! 

Edited by ohgoodness

Congrats! This is good news for those of us who applied to UNC as it shows that the adcomm is probably done reviewing applications. From what I understand about the UNC process is that senior faculty individually contact accepted applicants which means that notification dates will likely be very sporadic. Best of luck to all who applied.

Holding all my hopes for you! 

Congratulations to blobstarphd and blixx008! I'm so happy for you guys!

Just saw the Davis acceptance..is anyone going to claim it?

According to last years' results the acceptances are not all sent out on the same day (which I find incredibly reassuring at this point), but it would be nice to have some more insight on the matter :-)

Just saw the Davis acceptance..is anyone going to claim it?

According to last years' results the acceptances are not all sent out on the same day (which I find incredibly reassuring at this point), but it would be nice to have some more insight on the matter :-)

I am also curious if the poster has any more information, such as: who contacted you? Was it a formal or informal offer, etc.

I figure Davis is most likely a reach for me, but at this point I'm so desperate for any word from schools! I haven't heard a peep.

Edited by iphi