2013 Acceptances/Rejections Thread

AaronM

I haven't updated the survey, but I was also accepted, with the same mixup: first received an email addressed to a woman, then the same form email with my name at the top shortly afterwards. 

Friendly, but pretty standard. Five years of funding guaranteed. Visit days in March.

PS, in case any current Michigan or Princeton grads are reading this, I'd love to speak with you over PM. Thanks!

Hello everyone!

I figured I'd stop lurking these forums and finally start posting.

Anyways, I applied to UT Austin, USC, UCLA, Berkeley, Harvard, Princeton, University of Illinois at Chicago, CUNY, Notre Dame, UC San Diego, and UC Irvine.

So far I have gotten into UT Austin, UCLA, UIC, UC Irvine, have an interview with Notre Dame, and have been rejected from Princeton.

Congratulations to everybody who has been accepted to their programs and luck on hearing from the rest!

Why ten days?

The information from past years suggests that they'll be notifying this week. I'm actually surprised they haven't already sent out notifications.

Just heard that any time within the coming 10 days would be the time period.  Just a time frame

I was speaking to an old Sociology DGS yesterday and she said that we should be hearing from the rest of the programs by this week, next week the latest. Said she was really surprised there were still quite a few programs who hadn't sent out decisions yet.