CMU PhD decisions

fukuyama

I've seen a number of acceptances posted on CMU. I had a good interview with a faculty prior to applying and have letters from collaborators with this faculty. I haven't heard anything from them. Does anyone know about the process? Is there a second round or more decisions over the next few days? I have applied to CS, and Machine Learning. Really disappointed about this so far.

Me too - still waiting for a CMU CS PhD decision, but at another field than yours.

Glad I applied to a number of other schools, so not all is lost yet :-)

Edited by compiler_guy

Rough day for CMU rejects, myself included.  My email said rejected from the Computer Science Program, but I applied to Computer Science/ Neural Basis of Cognition and Machine Learning/ Neural Basis of Cognition programs.  I'm not exactly clear on what I was rejected from, or if it was from both.

I was in the rejection batch for CS. Still hoping on the ML program. CMU CS is my second choice overall, and my experience and letters would be more specialized to ML. 

Edited by fukuyama

Does anyone know if all the HCI Ph.D. acceptances have been sent out? Also, those who were accepted into the HCI institute, could you guys post your profile?

Edited by jdeep

Rough day for CMU rejects, myself included.  My email said rejected from the Computer Science Program, but I applied to Computer Science/ Neural Basis of Cognition and Machine Learning/ Neural Basis of Cognition programs.  I'm not exactly clear on what I was rejected from, or if it was from both.

I got rejection emails from both programs I applied to at CMU

• 2 weeks later...