MSW in California Accepted 2013?

Adri.H

I got my acceptance to CSUN tonight via email!

If I remember correctly, CSUN is your first choice right? :)

I think I might be joining you there this upcoming fall! (still deciding, but leaning strongly towards CSUN) Will you be full-time?

If I remember correctly, CSUN is your first choice right? :)

I think I might be joining you there this upcoming fall! (still deciding, but leaning strongly towards CSUN) Will you be full-time?

Yes it is!  And I will definitely be full time :) What about you?

Just got acceptd to CSULA 4/6 . My app still says incomplete on GET. Let me know, if you have any questions regarding my stats or experiences.

When did you apply? How many years of exp do u have and what is ur gpa?

When did you apply? How many years of exp do u have and what is ur gpa?

i turned in my app in the day before the deadline. My cumm GPA is a 3.57 and my major BSW Gpa is a 3.71. I have a year experience in interning with DCFS in my undergrad. I am currently an intern for a dual agency for domestic violence and sexual assault. I have about 1.5 years experience, and i'm 23 years old. I recently got my certification in domestic violence. I am also bi-cultural and speak vietnamese. 

Edited by darkhairpinklips

Who has gone to the group interview for CSUN MSW? How was it? and what do they ask? How long after the interview do they let you know if you got accepted? Thanks!

The interview is with 4-5 other applicants. You get a number which will tell you where to seat and the order of how the questions will be asked. They ask you your name and university/major. And then they go around and ask 'when did you decide that you wanted to attain an MSW and why one with an urban emphasis?' (something within those lines ha-ha). Just be confident, Prof. Paez makes it really welcoming and it really turns into just a conversation. You do have a group exercise and a small write up, the write up is more of them just wanting to know what they can do better or any comments you might of been to shy to say. 

I was interviewed about two weeks ago, and was informed of my acceptance two days later. Best of luck! 

PS: parking is packed! get there early, a fellow applicant got there late and they made sure to let her know she was late...since we all had to wait for her :/ 

& have questions to ask at the end of the interview, it always looks good :) 

Best of luck! 

Question for those who applied for Fall 2013: how were you notified if you were accepted or invited for an interview? Was it by postal mail, email, or through the school's email that they provided? I'm worried because I have not heard anything from the schools that I applied to. : \ 

The interview is with 4-5 other applicants. You get a number which will tell you where to seat and the order of how the questions will be asked. They ask you your name and university/major. And then they go around and ask 'when did you decide that you wanted to attain an MSW and why one with an urban emphasis?' (something within those lines ha-ha). Just be confident, Prof. Paez makes it really welcoming and it really turns into just a conversation. You do have a group exercise and a small write up, the write up is more of them just wanting to know what they can do better or any comments you might of been to shy to say. 

I was interviewed about two weeks ago, and was informed of my acceptance two days later. Best of luck! 

PS: parking is packed! get there early, a fellow applicant got there late and they made sure to let her know she was late...since we all had to wait for her :/ 

& have questions to ask at the end of the interview, it always looks good :)

Best of luck! 

Thank you so much for your feedback...and CONGRATS!! I have an interview soon and I did not know what to expect. Thanks this helps a lot! If you remember anything else that might be important please share it :) THANKS!

Question for those who applied for Fall 2013: how were you notified if you were accepted or invited for an interview? Was it by postal mail, email, or through the school's email that they provided? I'm worried because I have not heard anything from the schools that I applied to. : \ 
It depends on the schools that you applied to, what schools did you apply to if you don't mind me asking.

I applied to CSUF, San Diego State, CSUEB, and Portland State. I haven't heard from any of them yet so I'm really worried. :(

I know csuf is supposed to contact you by email for an interview and when you interview, the deliberate on the spot if you get accepted. My coworker just got accepted 3 weeks ago.

Edited by darkhairpinklips

I applied to CSUF and CSULB and had my interview for CSUF Monday (15th of April) and got an email in less than 30 minutes of my interview that I was accepted. I was accepted into the Community Mental Health concentration and turned in my application the day before it was due.

I have not heard anything from CSULB (which is my first choice) and turned in my application on February 13th and since CSUF requires an acceptance confirmation on the 24th (of next week) I am feeling discouraged... GRR!!!! I hate the waiting game!

Edited by kneecoal

Full time as well! :D Will you be at orientation? i don't know anybody in the program yet, besides you he-he

Hi :) I stumbled upon this forum yesterday. Kinda wish I would have found it during the application process but now is better than never. I'm in your 2-yr full time cohort and will be at orientation on Monday. Nice to meet you 

I applied to CSUF and CSULB and had my interview for CSUF Monday (15th of April) and got an email in less than 30 minutes of my interview that I was accepted. I was accepted into the Community Mental Health concentration and turned in my application the day before it was due.

I have not heard anything from CSULB (which is my first choice) and turned in my application on February 13th and since CSUF requires an acceptance confirmation on the 24th (of next week) I am feeling discouraged... GRR!!!! I hate the waiting game!

So we (CSUF) Human Development Department hosted a Carnival of Change at CSUF and one of the booths was the MSW Association and I talked to the grad students there and they informed me that class sizes are small (30, compared to large USC classes) and that CSULB got back to them late into the summer so for those of you waiting (as I am in the same boat, that's an FYI that they take their sweet time)

Hi :) I stumbled upon this forum yesterday. Kinda wish I would have found it during the application process but now is better than never. I'm in your 2-yr full time cohort and will be at orientation on Monday. Nice to meet you 

Hi! :) Nice to meet you as well. Was CSUN your first choice? 

I just got an acceptance email to CSULB today, I did however change my mind and am accepting CSUF. Best of luck to the rest of you all!!!!

If I may ask, what made you choose CSUF over CSULB? I'm trying to decide between the two right now and feel stuck.

I just got an acceptance email to CSULB today, I did however change my mind and am accepting CSUF. Best of luck to the rest of you all!!!!

When did u submit ur app to CSULB?

Edited by Kendall22

Hi! :) Nice to meet you as well. Was CSUN your first choice? 

CSUN was my first choice. I also applied to CSULB but haven't heard back from then yet. I submitted my application on the last day for both schools.