MSW in California Accepted 2013?

Adri.H

Got my packet in the mail from USC today and they want a decision/deposit by 3/15! That's so soon! I'm overwhelmed because I'm still waiting to hear from a few schools...

I accepted CSUF offer two weeks ago. So It's CSUF for me too. I'm still waiting to hear back from 6 other schools but since I live in Irvine I don't think I want to leave the area. What concentration did you choose? 

Congrats! I'm going into community mental health. You?

Got my packet in the mail from USC today and they want a decision/deposit by 3/15! That's so soon! I'm overwhelmed because I'm still waiting to hear from a few schools...

Well, I hope you'll decide to join me at USC! :-)

Well, I hope you'll decide to join me at USC! :-)
I am very interested in USC but making the move from NY to CA is a longer than 2 week decision!! Maybe I can get an extension ..

Does anyone know how CSULB & CSUN lets you know if you are accepted- through an email, phone call, snail mail? Thanks!

Some people got e-mails, others got letters in the mail.  There isn't one particular method they use more.

When did you submit your application?

I called USC's Social Work Admissions and they said we have three weeks to accept the offer and pay the deposit. And we can do it online and don't necessarily need the actual packet to accept/pay ... True? Or did the lady totally lie to me??? :(

CSUN applicants: Did anyone receive an email from the  admissions coordinator at CSUN stating that their application is complete and will now be forwarded to the Admissions committee for review? I received a similar email on 1/30, only tonights email stated that if an applicant advances to the next round they will commence interviews beginning mid March through April. Was just wondering if any CSUN applicants received a similar email tonight!?  ;)

CSUN applicants: Did anyone receive an email from the  admissions coordinator at CSUN stating that their application is complete and will now be forwarded to the Admissions committee for review? I received a similar email on 1/30, only tonights email stated that if an applicant advances to the next round they will commence interviews beginning mid March through April. Was just wondering if any CSUN applicants received a similar email tonight!?  ;)

I got that email tonight as well :) (although I did not receive one before..this is my first).  FINALLY SOME NEWS!

Edited by michelle_ct

I got that email tonight as well :) (although I did not receive one on before..this is my first).  FINALLY SOME NEWS!

Right after that email I received another email telling me that I've moved on to the next stage and to come in for an interview. 

I definitely did not get that email :(

I think  people will start getting them pretty soon - I think you will get one especially since you have already interviewed and have been accepted to CSUF!!! :);)

I think  people will start getting them pretty soon - I think you will get one especially since you have already interviewed and have been accepted to CSUF!!! :);)

I really, really, really hope so!  CSUN is my first choice! Congrats on your interview!! I will post on here if/when I get that email.  Hopefully I can wake up tomorrow with an email from them!! :D

I really, really, really hope so!  CSUN is my first choice! Congrats on your interview!! I will post on here if/when I get that email.  Hopefully I can wake up tomorrow with an email from them!! :D

It's my first choice too! Sending ya a message

I really, really, really hope so! CSUN is my first choice! Congrats on your interview!! I will post on here if/when I get that email. Hopefully I can wake up tomorrow with an email from them!! :D

How was your CSUF interview? I just got invited for an interview as well! Ill be doing mine over the phone since I live in Seattle.

I got that email tonight as well :) (although I did not receive one before..this is my first).  FINALLY SOME NEWS!

yay they finally contacted you:) let me know when you get some more news:) sending you positive thoughts 

How was your CSUF interview? I just got invited for an interview as well! Ill be doing mine over the phone since I live in Seattle.

To be honest, I thought it went horribly and that there would be no way they would accept me.  They just asked basic questions like why social work, tell me a little about yourself, what do you think you will do differently from undergrad studies to grad studies, etc.  I think you will be fine... it seems like I just freaked out more than I needed to.  Just make sure you write down some questions so that you can ask them some at the end.  I told them I had no questions and they just about flipped out so I started asking anything relevant that came to mind.

To be honest, I thought it went horribly and that there would be no way they would accept me. They just asked basic questions like why social work, tell me a little about yourself, what do you think you will do differently from undergrad studies to grad studies, etc. I think you will be fine... it seems like I just freaked out more than I needed to. Just make sure you write down some questions so that you can ask them some at the end. I told them I had no questions and they just about flipped out so I started asking anything relevant that came to mind.

lol I feel like all of that was in my essay. I hate interviews but thanks for the advice! Are you going to be attending in the fall?

lol I feel like all of that was in my essay. I hate interviews but thanks for the advice! Are you going to be attending in the fall?

Yeah, and the have notes/take notes so I'm thinking they are checking for consistency and verbal skills.   And I still haven't made my decision yet.  I haven't heard back from any other schools I've applied to.

Yeah, I'll definitely be prepared. I hate interviews but at least it'll be over the phone. Where else did you apply?

Yeah, and the have notes/take notes so I'm thinking they are checking for consistency and verbal skills. And I still haven't made my decision yet. I haven't heard back from any other schools I've applied to.

Edited by MindyMSW