MSW in California Accepted 2013?

Adri.H

I have applied to csun I received my email stating that my app was complete .... so now im just waiting on the second round im so nervous ....did u get an interview date yet

Interesting they told me they only notified via mail. What concentration did you apply to? 

Email first, then mail. Mental Health. 

I have applied to csun I received my email stating that my app was complete .... so now im just waiting on the second round im so nervous ....did u get an interview date yet

I have an interview next week. I was told that they will begin the first round of interviews the next couple of weeks until mid April. They should be contacting more applicants during the next couple of weeks. Good Luck!

Received an email (and a letter!) from UCLA today... I'm in! I applied by the 1/15 deadline.

Good luck everyone!

Congrats RM5!  I too applied by the 1/15 deadline and I received a letter via snail mail from UCLA last week on 3/4 (it's dated 2/24/13) but have yet to receive an email from the graduate division.  While I'm glad to receive the letter I'm still holding my breath until I get the thumbs up from the grad division and have been wondering why it's taking so long to get that email.  The letter does read that the chair has "recommended to the UCLA Graduate Division that you be admitted to the Department of Social Welfare as a full-time student......Fall 2013."

Recommended does not mean accepted, although it may just be semantics...I don't know I may be stressing over nothing but I am nervous because UCLA is my top choice.   Any other UCLA peeps out there that can help me with my quandry?

May I ask what the first letter of your last name is, perhaps they're going in alphabetical order?  My last name starts with a "P".

I also received a letter via snail mail on 3/6/13 from CSUDH (accepted) and an email the same day from CSULB (pending status aka wait-listed).  Today (3/12/13) I received an email inviting me for an interview at CSUF, problem is the first available interview they have is 4/8 and I have to let CSUDH know by 4/1 if I want to attend their program.

Good luck to everyone else, stay patient believe me I know how hard it is to wait but hang in there.

Edited by insearchofmsw

Congrats RM5!  I too applied by the 1/15 deadline and I received a letter via snail mail from UCLA last week on 3/4 (it's dated 2/24/13) but have yet to receive an email from the graduate division.  While I'm glad to receive the letter I'm still holding my breath until I get the thumbs up from the grad division and have been wondering why it's taking so long to get that email.  The letter does read that the chair has "recommended to the UCLA Graduate Division that you be admitted to the Department of Social Welfare as a full-time student......Fall 2013."

Recommended does not mean accepted, although it may just be semantics...I don't know I may be stressing over nothing but I am nervous because UCLA is my top choice.   Any other UCLA peeps out there that can help me with my quandry?

May I ask what the first letter of your last name is, perhaps they're going in alphabetical order?  My last name starts with a "P".

I also received a letter via snail mail on 3/6/13 from CSUDH (accepted) and an email the same day from CSULB (pending status aka wait-listed).  Today (3/12/13) I received an email inviting me for an interview at CSUF, problem is the first available interview they have is 4/8 and I have to let CSUDH know by 4/1 if I want to attend their program.

Good luck to everyone else, stay patient believe me I know how hard it is to wait but hang in there.

Thank you! And congrats to you as well.

My last name begins with "R." My letter was posted on 3/9.

I did notice that language in the letter, but didn't think much of it. The email I received states "Congratulations on your admission to the MSW Program at UCLA!" which pretty much clears up any ambiguity. Are you sure you didn't receive an email yesterday? It certainly reads like a mass one that was sent out to everyone admitted. If not, perhaps you should check with the Admissions Officer of the Dept of Social Welfare - feel free to pm me if you have trouble finding his email address. Regardless, we are supposed to receive our Statement of Intent to Register from the Grad Division pretty soon, according to the email.

The timing of acceptances is tough, but at least it seems like UCLA isn't putting too much pressure on us to accept prior to April 15. Could luck with your decision making! It's not too bad of a bad problem to have :)

And good luck to everyone else!

Waiting on UCLA! I know they said they'd inform March 1st, but I read previous year's forums and people started finding out as early as February 25th. Anyone else applied to UCLA? So nervous!

Hi UCLAhopeful! I just got my acceptance just a few days ago, and they even emailed a notice saying they were running late on sending out letters. I'm really deliberating if I should go though because of the cost and it being a less clinically based program. So far I have a spot reserved at SDSU, but haven't given them my official intent to register. I hope everything goes well for you! 

• 2 weeks later...

I was put on the wailtlist for SDSU yesterday (recieved an email).  If anyone was admitted and has decided they will not attend SDSU, please let them know!  This was the only program I applied to and I would love for a spot to become available. Anyone else get any news??

I was put on the wailtlist for SDSU yesterday (recieved an email).  If anyone was admitted and has decided they will not attend SDSU, please let them know!  This was the only program I applied to and I would love for a spot to become available. Anyone else get any news??

Thanks! I'm assuming everyone else will be considered for waitlist only now. I still haven't heard from them....

I got my acceptance to CSUN tonight via email!

Congrats! I got mine as well!

Now my question is.... I had already sent in my Intent to Register with another school. But my first choice is CSUN. How do I back out of the other one?? :blink:

Now my question is.... I had already sent in my Intent to Register with another school. But my first choice is CSUN. How do I back out of the other one?? :blink:

I'm in the same position!!  I'm just going to call the main office and tell them that I accepted into another school.  CSUN is my first choice so I'm sticking to it!  Are you full time or part time?

I'm in the same position!!  I'm just going to call the main office and tell them that I accepted into another school.  CSUN is my first choice so I'm sticking to it!  Are you full time or part time?

That's a good idea. Let me know how that goes.

I am a part time!

Hi All. This is my first post but I have been reading forums since the summer. Reading everyone's stats and experience is seriously STRESSING me out. I am making myself go crazy with the wait. I got accepted to USC on 3/15, but cannot imagine stomaching the price tag, although it is my dream school. Still waiting to hear back from CSULB, SFSU, and Portland. Has anyone heard? I'm driving myself insane. And does anyone know what program is more competitive, SF or Long Beach?

Ditto, I'm trying to find the best way to word it... Did you send an e-mail?

This may be the cowardly way out... but I'm just going to call late at night and leave a message.

Yeah, it is pretty uncomfortable to have to face them, but I'm sure they have to deal with this every year when people have other options. I wish I didn't respond so fast, but I honestly lost all hope in other schools and I didn't want to lose my spot. To all other people waiting, don't give up!!!

For those who got accepted to CSUN how was your GPA? & did you have a lot of experience?

I was just accepted a couple hours ago..i have a 3.0 and about 5 years of experience with only 2 of those years being paid experience.

Best of luck!

Hi All. This is my first post but I have been reading forums since the summer. Reading everyone's stats and experience is seriously STRESSING me out. I am making myself go crazy with the wait. I got accepted to USC on 3/15, but cannot imagine stomaching the price tag, although it is my dream school. Still waiting to hear back from CSULB, SFSU, and Portland. Has anyone heard? I'm driving myself insane. And does anyone know what program is more competitive, SF or Long Beach?
Hi Camille, Congrats about USC, regardless of your concern over the pricetag. I myself am going through a sort of crisis about how many loans I am going to graduate with, and crossing my fingers for the scholarships I applied to. Did you get any word from any of their scholarships? If you haven't, it very well could happen any time between now and the beginning of classes. I guess they have to see how many people are accepting their seats first, before they disburse the goodies. I don't know much about Cal State MSWs, as I only applied to USC, but I do know that USC has a lot more seats to offer than any Cal State, so it is technically more competitive to get into a state school. I have also heard many good things about CSULB's MSW program. I work with a social worker that graduated from USC and she told me to really consider CSULB because I would be saving a tremendous amount of money and still have a very good education. I did consider, but I grew up around USC and its reputation, so naturally, it is the school for me. I might bite myself later when I start paying off loans, but I cannot regret something that I dreamed of doing. I don't know if I answered anything for you, but I just wanted to say hi and a little bit of what I know. Have patience and time will go by faster =] Good luck!