MSW in California Accepted 2013?

Adri.H

If I may ask, what made you choose CSUF over CSULB? I'm trying to decide between the two right now and feel stuck.

Well I currently attend CSUF, I am a psychology major graduating this semester and honestly only attended CSUF (as a transfer student) because my father got sick and so I really wanted to go somewhere else (I dunno why honestly)... I heard great things of CSULB (as a school) as I know people that go there for other grad studies so I applied because of the prestige of the program.

After attending a carnival our school hosted this last week I talked to graduating MSW students and they too turned down CSULB because of the class size. CSUF class size is about 30 and CSUF does not accept as many students as CSULB does so that is my main selling point. If I am going into a specialized area in grad studies I want to be sure I am known by first name and get the attention I feel I deserve.

I only applied to those two and CSUF is my choice now. Its up to you... People seem turned off by CSUF because of their ranking, but CSUF is newly accredited so I feel it is an advantage also because they have been newly reviewed so I feel that they are up to par as far as standards to the accreditation.

Its up to you though... those are just my points because I too was going back and forth because I was so set on going to CSULB... haha!

May I ask what your stats are and what is your major concentration? What is the class size of csulb, I didn't know about csuf until after the deadline, otherwise I would've applied. Congrats!

I just got an acceptance email to CSULB today, I did however change my mind and am accepting CSUF. Best of luck to the rest of you all!!!!

Class sizes aren't large at CSULB. Yes there are a lot of admits but they're split between advanced standing, two year and three year. There are quite a few sections and people have classes on different days throughout the week. I don't think class sizes will exceed 25 students. They never did with the BASW classes at least.

Class sizes aren't large at CSULB. Yes there are a lot of admits but they're split between advanced standing, two year and three year. There are quite a few sections and people have classes on different days throughout the week. I don't think class sizes will exceed 25 students. They never did with the BASW classes at least.
Thank you, how many do you think they admit per concentration?

CSUN was my first choice. I also applied to CSULB but haven't heard back from then yet. I submitted my application on the last day for both schools.

CSULB waitlisted me, and my other programs were just not as small and affordable as CSUN. :) Yay, we'll all be meeting each other tomorrow!

I'm not sure per concentration. I think in total there are roughly 300 admits per year. 30 are advanced standing, and I believe it's about 260 between two and three year. Don't quote me on that lol

congrats on your acceptance at csulb, i'm still awaiting for CSULB. I'm happy with csula and accepted there offer until I hear back from csulb.

Edited by darkhairpinklips

Has anyone been rejected to CSULA or CSULB? I turned my application for both schools the day they were due and I don't know if this is why I haven't heard back. Could they still be reviewing apps or do they wait till the end to send rejection letters? I called CSULB and they told me I have to wait for the email. First they said sometime in April and now they are saying sometime May.

CSULB waitlisted me, and my other programs were just not as small and affordable as CSUN. :) Yay, we'll all be meeting each other tomorrow!

Have you had your field placement interview yet?  Mine is on Tuesday morning.. I'm so excited/nervous!

Have you had your field placement interview yet? Mine is on Tuesday morning.. I'm so excited/nervous!

Mine is Tuesday at 2pm! :) best of luck, I heard from Efrain and they run pretty smooth. I hope so. Since you are before me, any heads up or pointers would be greatly welcomed lol

Hi everyone! I was just offered admission to CSULB for the Fall 2013 term on 4/28! :)

Hi,

Can I ask what was your GPA, work experience, and what day did you turn in your application?

I applied to CSULB and I havent heard anything yet :(

I turned my application in to CSULB on the deadline date, on February 15 and have not heard anything back yet. My GPA is 3.0, my undergrad is in Sociology, and I have 4 years experience working full time in non-profit education and grant writing.

Waiting to hear back is driving me nuts! I don't know where I stand in comparison with other students. I feel like a 3.0 is a low GPA...but I'm not even sure about that.

Has anyone gotten in to CSULB with a background similar to this?

This blog is great btw! It's nice to have a community to help talk about something that people around you really don't know anything about.  :)  

I am! What track are you?

Hi!

I won't be attending b/c I live in NYC.

Do you think after the meeting you can write me back and tell me what happened and if there is anything imperative I should know about before registering for classes?

(I am CYF track.....different...but I think the info would be basically the same.)

Thanks!

Hi!

I won't be attending b/c I live in NYC.

Do you think after the meeting you can write me back and tell me what happened and if there is anything imperative I should know about before registering for classes?

(I am CYF track.....different...but I think the info would be basically the same.)

Thanks!

No problem!  I think it's just a general overview of the next 2 years (or 3 if you're on that track), talking about the university, I believe we get the applications for our internships.  I don't know if we get the classes we're assigned to there or if they e-mail it to us.  I'll let you know either way!

No problem!  I think it's just a general overview of the next 2 years (or 3 if you're on that track), talking about the university, I believe we get the applications for our internships.  I don't know if we get the classes we're assigned to there or if they e-mail it to us.  I'll let you know either way!

HI! How was the orientation? Was there anything real important that I need to know before I register?