CS PhD admissions UCSD / Brown / Gatech

csyrez

Some admissions/interviews for these three schools appear to be released. Has anybody heard anything?

Theory applicant.

Status is still "under review" for UCSD & Brown; "Pending Dept Review" for Gatech

It would be appreciated if you share relevant information here.

I got my acceptance the Georgia Tech on Tuesday.  Checking the status is confusing because in the Application Status section it still says "Pending Department Review", but right above the Online Letters of Recommendation section there is a button that says "View your decision letter"  Also, I received an email a couple of hours before the decision letter was available telling me to check the website after a certain time.  Hope this helps!

I didn't apply to UCSD or Brown, so I can't really say anything about them

Some admissions/interviews for these three schools appear to be released. Has anybody heard anything?

Theory applicant.

Status is still "under review" for UCSD & Brown; "Pending Dept Review" for Gatech

It would be appreciated if you share relevant information here.

Where do you see the "under review" on brown application?

Where do you see the "under review" on brown application?

Mine doesn't say "Under Review", it just says "Complete". But I also had some issues with my app until very recently, so I can't speak for what it should be really.

Mine doesn't say "Under Review", it just says "Complete". But I also had some issues with my app until very recently, so I can't speak for what it should be really.

That's what mine says too..  It also says my GRE was received on 1-23-13 even though I sent it on 12-3-12..

-- Sorry for confusion, yes mine is "complete". "Under review" for UCSD.

-- I had trouble sending GREs. Two weeks ago I was contacted by academic advisor at Gatech that:

"Faculty are interested in your application; but you need to submit GREs for app to be processed further."

and

"Whether I'm still interested in Gatech"

Scores arrived four days after the message. And still I didn't hear back

-- Congratulations csRequiresCoffee and thanks to all folks who shared information. Please keep us informed with any updates.

Yep. Same here for UCSD and Brown. I talked with the Brown admissions secretary recently and they said final decisions are being made this week, so we'll know soon enough. 

"This week"?  Does that mean the current week, i.e., the one ending on 08 Feb?  I hope so!

My Brown application also says "Complete" and UCSD says "Under Review".  Got a bit of a fright when I saw people talking about their Brown status being "Under Review"! :)

"This week"?  Does that mean the current week, i.e., the one ending on 08 Feb?  I hope so!

My Brown application also says "Complete" and UCSD says "Under Review".  Got a bit of a fright when I saw people talking about their Brown status being "Under Review"! :)

Yep, this current week. That's what I was told. 

My Brown application (for Master's admittedly) shows 'Awaiting Materials' because I'm an international applicant and they're awaiting TOEFL scores. I emailed them a month ago to ask them if they can update my application to waive the requirement since I was born and studied in an English speaking country! No change yet though, which frustrates me.

I have applied to GaTech's ECE Ph.D. program and noticed that below the Application box that includes the message "Application Status: Pending Dept Review" a new box has appeared called "Graduate Admissions Note" that only includes the following text "Note from Admissions".

Contacted Gatech for an account problem and was told that a decision has not been reached on my application.

Own interpretation for that is a potential rejection, since several admissions appear on the survey.

Edited by csyrez

I interviewed with a Professor from Brown 2 weeks ago, but I haven't heard back anything yet. People seem to be hearing back today, so I'm kind of freaking out, since it's one of my top choices. I work in Robotics.

I got an email from Gatech on Feb 6th notifying me that a decision was available and to check the status update website. You have to scroll down and there is a button labelled Decision which on clicking will show the decision letter. I also got an accept from UCSD yesterday. Didn't apply to Brown, so don't know about what they are up to.

Any news from Brown?

Nope. Bummer. It was my top choice. I wish they'd just rip off the bandaid and send out rejections. 

I had a snafu with some application materials that didn't get cleared up until early last week, so my application wasn't even looked at until then which kind of sucks since I suspect they already went through interviews and such and had a clear-ish idea of who they were admitting so I doubt I'm even being considered.