CS PhD admissions UCSD / Brown / Gatech

csyrez

Did anyone apply to Brown's Computer Engineering program as opposed to Computer Science?  By searching in the Result Section, I only found one result for Computer Engineering in 2012: http://www.thegradcafe.com/survey/index.php?q=brown+university+computer+engineering&t=a&o=&pp=25

I would just like to hear if there's anyone else who is waiting on Brown's Computer Engineering!

I see some results from U Wisconsin Madison. Anyone knows when more results expected?

I have news from brown people. I am somewhat of an insider. From what I have heard, I believe news should go out sometime this coming week. (my potential prof said he wanted to talk to me before he got back from his trip to california tomorrow and we talked last night).

I hope he is right

For almost all schools, the non-refundable application fees must include a much better "customer service". At least students should be kept informed of the real time they will receive the result by. Sigh!

Yep. UCSD says under review.  

I received an informal offer from the department, and my application status is also still "Under Review". I'm told that it can up to several weeks before the Graduate School does all the paperwork for the recommended students.

@csyrez  I guess froup really meant the admission committee and not any POI in particular? Coz I too got my informal offer and campus visit invitation from the UCSD CSE department a few weeks ago (no interviews), but my application status is still "Under Review".

From the gradcafe results search they still seem to be handing out admissions? So don't lose hope and good luck  :)

@csyrez  I guess froup really meant the admission committee and not any POI in particular? Coz I too got my informal offer and campus visit invitation from the UCSD CSE department a few weeks ago (no interviews), but my application status is still "Under Review".

Yeah, that's what I meant.

From the gradcafe results search they still seem to be handing out admissions? So don't lose hope and good luck   :)

Moreover, I got my offer pretty much previous week.

So the underlying message is: at this point the online application status is not a very useful source of information. And, indeed - do not lose hope, there might be still some acceptances coming out. Good luck. ;)

• 3 weeks later...