GWU Results?

HomeGrown

Anybody know if additional funding is ever freed up at the Elliott School once the enrollment deadline passes?  I know people in some of the other GW graduate programs have received more funding around May, but I'm curious if that's the case at Elliott. 

Anyone else using the 'reach out to current Elliott students' event on Monday?

I am. Only for me, it will be insanely early. Something like 5 or 6 am. So I hope I can make the most of it!

I went to the Trachtenberg school's admitted student day, and I was definitely impressed.  The students and professors I met were friendly, and I got a clearer sense of their curriculum, career services, and so on.  The biggest factor they touted was the program's flexibility - MPP and MPA students can easily switch their courseload each semester, so the vast majority of students work full or part-time while taking classes.  That wasn't something I was initially looking for in a MPP program, but I can easily see the benefits of this setup.

Did anyone else attend?  If anyone has any questions about the event I'd be happy to take a stab at answering them.

I did attend and I loved it. I did talk to different directors of programs and students from the other schools I was admitted to. But this was different, the people were lovely and really make you want to be apart of their team!

• 1 month later...

Guys,

I've finally decided on Elliott after much deliberation and I'm quite happy about my decision.

But I want to connect with my future classmates, as I'm sure many do. I've asked the Elliott school office to make a Facebook group for us admitted students, class of 2015. If any of you know of a group or page that already exists, please let me know.

Thanks!

Too bad they aren't going to create a facebook group! Are you already living in D.C? I hope I won't spend too much time looking for a place in August.

Nope, I don't live in dc yet. Trying to figure that bit of logistics out now. It's a bit nerve wracking. Miskina, when are you heading for dc? I think there is an orientation on the 19th.

Too bad they aren't going to create a facebook group! Are you already living in D.C? I hope I won't spend too much time looking for a place in August.

Miskina, you're from France right? My first language is French so seeing this, I had to stop lol. I don't get to see a lot of people on this forum who might speak french.

I will be attending GWU Trachtenberg this Fall (moving to D.C in August too).

Miskina, you're from France right? My first language is French so seeing this, I had to stop lol. I don't get to see a lot of people on this forum who might speak french. I will be attending GWU Trachtenberg this Fall (moving to D.C in August too).
Yes I'm French! It's true that there aren't a lot of French speakers on this forum.