Friday the 13th

limeinthecoconut

This must be a horrendous year for applications. Why else are there TWO friday the thirteenths during the season for admission decisions?

Anyway, did anyone receive tasteless rejections on Friday the thirteenth? My first rejection came on Friday the thirteenth last month.

Knowing the sick sense of humor that seems to govern my world, I am predicting that my last rejection will come on Friday the thirteenth, this month.

Oh god, now I need to go sprinkle holy water on the spot where my landlord puts my mail and circle the house in salt. Why'd you go an highlight this fact? I'm going to be knocking on wood, taping rocking chairs to the floor, and punting black cats all day.

Damn you, Seahistory!! :wink:

I've been so superstitious about this process too...Friday the 13th doesn't bother me, but both of my rejections came on a Tuesday, while both admits came on a thursday...so I'm hoping for news tomorrow and no news on St. patty's day.

St Joseph of Cupertino, pray for us ;)

So, the joke is on me for starting this forum. I got my final reply, on the day before Friday the 13th. I thought the waiting game will finally end, but I guess not-- I was accepted into my last school, but funding is to be decided. (not too hopeful)

Here's some positive energy to the rest of you waiting!

Congrats on the admit. I got all my results till now either on Mon or Friday. But the fact that they're all rejects might be the reason for that. I guess colleges like taking out the trash at the start or end of the week. In anycase, good to hear of some people winning the application battle. Hope funding works out for you as well.

psychdork wrote:I got my 1st rejection on a Friday, my 2nd on a Monday, and my 3rd on a Tuesday...

Leaves you Wednesdays and Thursdays for acceptances! :)

good! we all need positive thinking! :P I am not very confident of getting any answers at all tomorrow [or today for those of you who are already on Friday] However, positive thinking and prayers are all we have left to combat the 13th....

good! we all need positive thinking! :P I am not very confident of getting any answers at all tomorrow [or today for those of you who are already on Friday] However, positive thinking and prayers are all we have left to combat the 13th....

I forgot-- there are the weekends, too, if your schools are hardworking! That gives you a 4/7 chance for acceptances. :)

:D

I hadn't even noticed what days my reject letters have been coming in...they've been such a steady wave. Sigh. Here's hoping that I miss the train for the Friday the 13th reject letters :wink:

Awww, sorry habu.

I'm afraid to open my mailbox now. I'm hoping to hear about aid, and it's not looking good. My field can't justify taking out much in college loans. My mind is already thinking ahead to alternative careers, or who I might be able to hit up for reccs next year. I guess at least a jump start might make the process less stressful for me than it was this year.

I went through my mail. Amherst officially rejected me. Not a shock but it was kind of like Friday the Thirteenth having a laugh at me...

Ah well, gonna go on with my day I have three and a half chances. I say half a chance because Montana lost my GRE scores so they might show up by Monday. If not that's an auto-rejection. No biggie - I'll get lucky to get into a Masters program, by the looks of things and completely regardless of the date the rejections arrive on.

I went through my mail. Amherst officially rejected me. Not a shock but it was kind of like Friday the Thirteenth having a laugh at me...

Ah well, gonna go on with my day I have three and a half chances. I say half a chance because Montana lost my GRE scores so they might show up by Monday. If not that's an auto-rejection. No biggie - I'll get lucky to get into a Masters program, by the looks of things and completely regardless of the date the rejections arrive on.

Last month was particularly horrid for me. I got a rejection on Friday the 13th, and an unofficial rejection on Friday the 14th, February. I never really subscribed to conspiracy theories prior to this, but I am not so sure about that now.

I forgot-- there are the weekends, too, if your schools are hardworking! That gives you a 4/7 chance for acceptances. :)

Thanks! I must say though, you are much more positive about my outlook than I am. :)