NPSIA Fall 2013 Applicants

kdav

RE: March 15 - per the grad administrator, they start evaluating before that, but by setting that date, they avoid a whole lot of "how 'bout now?" communications.

It looks like historically results have come out around the 19th, so if that's any indication, next week is really when we should be checking. They had mentioned that results would come out mid- to late March, so next week falls comfortably in that category.

Good luck, all!

RE: March 15 - per the grad administrator, they start evaluating before that, but by setting that date, they avoid a whole lot of "how 'bout now?" communications.

It looks like historically results have come out around the 19th, so if that's any indication, next week is really when we should be checking. They had mentioned that results would come out mid- to late March, so next week falls comfortably in that category.

Good luck, all!

Thanks for the info! 

Well today is D-Day! From last years calendar the 3/19 date was a Monday so by the 18th which is this Monday our fates will be determined :D

Edited by Rumcajs

I know! I'm excited now haha. That'll probably turn to anxiety early next week, but right now, I'm excited haha. Good luck, everyone! Almost there!

I know! I'm excited now haha. That'll probably turn to anxiety early next week, but right now, I'm excited haha. Good luck, everyone! Almost there!

All the anxiety....

I'm finding it incredibly difficult to focus on my last papers of undergrad with this looming in the not so distant future! haha.  :P

To the person who applied for the MGA at UofT, Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking when did you apply, and how long ago did you get your acceptance?
I've applied there as well, and just want some info to soothe my nerves.

Edited by BondAir

Eeeee I'm in!!! I received an e-mail from Tabbatha Malouin, graduate administrator sent to undisclosed recipients that the department recommended me for admission and formal offers will be communicated (including funding details) next week by the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Affairs.

Hopefully the rest of you received this e-mail as well - looking forward to seeing those who accept at NPSIA in the fall! I'll certainly be accepting. :)

All this waiting is finally over!!!

Hello all,

I just wanted to give you folks a heads up. I just got an e-mail which recommended that I be admitted to the MA program of International Affairs at NPSIA!!! So bloody happy :D. Yours should be in your inbox or really soon! Best of luck everyone! :) (Edit: Saw kdav posted at the same time, congrats!! See you there!)

Edited by Cybercollector

Congrats guys!! Hope you're feeling relieved :)

Think they sent all the acceptance emails at the same time? I haven't received anything and I am now feeling more nervous than ever :(

To the person who applied for the MGA at UofT, Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking when did you apply, and how long ago did you get your acceptance?

I've applied there as well, and just want some info to soothe my nerves.

I got my acceptance at the end of February.  They do rolling admissions though, so my date means very little.  Remember: no news is good news! :)

Congrats to all admitted! I'm so nervous, I'm checking my email every five minutes, this is NOT going to be a very productive day at work! 

Does anyone know how many students are admitted each year?  

Eeeek, I'm dying! I want to go to NPSIA so much!! 

Those of you that are in, would you mind sharing your stats? I hate to be THAT person, but I'm going kind of crazy, haha. It would be nice to know if I'm in the comparative range or if y'all are just geniuses ;-) 

Thanks!

Edited by rmrda

To my knowledge, you have to apply and be accepted independently of the other program, because you can still do the individual degrees without the joint program.

rmrda: I PM'd you. :)

rmrda, is your NPSIA admission dependant on your U of O law school admission?

I've talked to both U of O law and NPSIA and they both said that they are not.

I really thought I'd be in by now just because I was accepted into Osgoode and Queen's only days after my application was complete. 

I don't really understand how NPSIA chooses applications but I thought I at least understood law applications based on lawstudents.ca. Apparently not. Still nothing from U of O :-(

As for NPSIA, I just decided this week that if I got accepted but not into law that I would prefer to do it then go to law school at Queen's or Osgoode - that's how awesome it sounds! 

Anyway, sorry for the over sharing, just a little bit stressed! Congrats again guys, I hope to be happy with you soon!

Are you sure any of you guys don't want to turn down your spot? ;-)  

Thanks thunderchunky, all of the official communication I've received has told me that they are assessed individually. However, I have heard things from past students that says they do look at the joint applicants at a later date. I really don't know.

I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst! Good luck all! 

My application was rejected. Not too upset about it as I've been accepted to other schools, but thought I'd post here in case people are keeping track of patterns and such :)

Congrats to everyone who's been accepted!