NPSIA Fall 2013 Applicants

kdav

So basically they're still in the first round, taking a look at a few last people. By the end of the week, we will be told whether we are accepted, rejected, or waitlisted. Based on that decision, the waitlisted people will then be considered for a possible second round if space remains.

Does that make sense with what you guys were told??

So basically they're still in the first round, taking a look at a few last people. By the end of the week, we will be told whether we are accepted, rejected, or waitlisted. Based on that decision, the waitlisted people will then be considered for a possible second round if space remains.

Does that make sense with what you guys were told??

Yep, that's my understanding.

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if there are any other joint JD-MA people out there but I spoke with Tabbatha and if you are interested in hearing any more information, please PM me. 

Good luck to those still waiting - I know how painful this process is. I'm still waiting to hear from U of Ottawa for the JD.

I see someone posted on the results search page that their University of Ottawa account was updated with admission info for GSPIA. Anyone else? Mine still says "We have received the required documents..."

Edited by thunderchunky

I see someone posted on the results search page that their University of Ottawa account was updated with admission info for GSPIA. Anyone else? Mine still says "We have received the required documents..."

Mine says the same thing.  I wasn't expecting to hear anything until early April (although i guess that is pretty soon).  

Considering the uncertainty with my Carleton application I am really feeling the pressure with this application.

BTW, do you know if there is a forum/thread dedicated to that uOttawa program?

Mine hasn't changed either! But I'm assuming they must be in the middle of actually making decisions now? 

Hi everyone,

I'm struggling to make a decision and was trying to think of the pros/cons of going to NPSIA.

If anyone wants to chime in, why did you choose NPSIA/why would you accept the offer from NPSIA over anywhere else?

Thanks!!

Hi everyone,

I'm struggling to make a decision and was trying to think of the pros/cons of going to NPSIA.

If anyone wants to chime in, why did you choose NPSIA/why would you accept the offer from NPSIA over anywhere else?

Thanks!!

For me it all came down to Funding and Specialization. Although I've had my mind set on NPSIA for a while - the realities just didn't make sense for me right now. NPSIA didn't offer me any funding nor did I get my top choice of cluster. After the combination of these disappointments it did not make sense to accept an offer for something I'm less interested in and would have to pay a lot more for. 

That was my scenario, but I'm not sure what yours is like! 

Hopefully I helped a bit! 

Edited by Blake091

Pros:

Program is a perfect fit for what I want to study

Student/alumni community

Networking opportunities

Conferences and talks offered

Prestige of the program

Cons:

Funding - or total lack thereof (for me...!)

I'm a little nervous about going back to school full-time after having been in the workforce for three years, but I'm also really looking forward to it! Hope that helps!

Mine hasn't changed either! But I'm assuming they must be in the middle of actually making decisions now? 

I guess so. The information under "My File" hasn't changed yet, but I did notice a new tab on my account. Now, in addition to "My File" and "Faculty, there's a tab titled "Registration Information". 

Well after all this I was rejected at 10:00 this morning via email. I am extremely upset, especially considering the only other program I applied to is the Ottawa MDG and people have already been accepted...I guess I'll find another route for what I want to do. I'm a little insulted I wasn't waitlisted :( good luck to everyone still waiting and to everyone heading to NPSIA in September! Thanks for all your help.

Well after all this I was rejected at 10:00 this morning via email. I am extremely upset, especially considering the only other program I applied to is the Ottawa MDG and people have already been accepted...I guess I'll find another route for what I want to do. I'm a little insulted I wasn't waitlisted :( good luck to everyone still waiting and to everyone heading to NPSIA in September! Thanks for all your help.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will get good news from U of O.

I'm sorry to hear that Nicole :-(  

Best of luck with your future!

I'm sorry to hear that.  Don't give up hope with your uOttawa application yet.  I would try calling them if you think they have sent some letters out.  It will ease your mind a bit, and give you a better idea of how far along they are in assessing applications.

From reading forums like this it seems they really tend to stagger their results. 

Good luck!

I don't believe so, I think you just have to accept the offer in Carleton Central. Usually places make it pretty clear if they need money from you haha, and I haven't seen any indication. Undergrads don't have to, so I don't expect we'd have to...!

Hi guys,

I've been lurking in this thread for a while but I thought I might as well post. I got my acceptance at NPSIA under the International Organizations and Global Public Poliy cluster. Unfortunately no funding but still happy to get my first choice of program.

Does anyone know about the new cluster system? Have they added any more than the original 6 or have they retooled and renamed the existing ones?

Someone upthread was saying that the MA administrator, Tabbatha, will be sending an email to admitted students with an explanation about the new clusters. Personally I find it a bit odd that they would change the cluster selection after the application deadline but before admissions decisions. It would have been nice to know what we were applying to at the time of application. As far as I understand, however, the clusters haven't changed much apart from the title and some new courses being added. 

Are any of you guys going to the NPSIA Spring Fling that Skip posted about a page back? :) I'm planning on attending - would be fun to put a few other faces to names!

Hi guys,

I've been lurking in this thread for a while but I thought I might as well post. I got my acceptance at NPSIA under the International Organizations and Global Public Poliy cluster. Unfortunately no funding but still happy to get my first choice of program.

Does anyone know about the new cluster system? Have they added any more than the original 6 or have they retooled and renamed the existing ones?

We're in the same cluster! :-D

(My first choice when I applied was International Institutions and Global Governance so it sounds pretty close).

Hey guys,

For those of you still waiting to hear from NPSIA (like myself) good luck.  I'm hoping they really make decisions soon, as I need to take summer economics courses and plan a move from Vancouver if my application does end up being succesful. 

Anyways, I emailed uOttawa about when they would be sending out notification of acceptance or denial into the Public & Intl Affairs MA program.  I was told that it would be either by the end of this week or early next week. 

I'm not sure what to make of the person who posted on the results search page.